Tank Aerial Fishing Rod

Elton

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

mine was army green but the end screws were copper plated i suppose to stop them rusting together ,mine too when the tip broke was upgraded to a pike rod with a huge beachcaster end eye plugging the end as the bore was larger than any freshwater tip ring bore :D never used it in the sea that nice mr ivan sold me a solid glass pike rod which served both purposes.

men were men then especially sea anglers the weight of beachcasters were heavier by far then ,i have a pretty modern vortex in the loft but i'm glad carbon composites were invented ,now anyone can cast.

the best invention in fishing is getting rid of metal ferrules many the time i have walked home because i couldnt get the sections apart or worse pulled the ferrule off the rod completely :wallbash:

i remember walking back up to capel using the zig zag path by the cafe up from the warren with a rod i couldnt get apart at night ,its pitchblack anyway but having to steer a rod as well through the undergrowth very annoying :D

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

theres three versions of "tank" arial rods spoken about .... very early accles and pollock steel rods that were arials (not tank ones) ......the later steel rods from the company that definately were not (the taperflashes etc) ,

then there were real tank arials used to make rods ,two versions push in joints and screw in joints .

Yeh..... I have nothing against Accles and Pollock and their excellent taperflash rods (never owned one but handled one owned by a friend) Those had nothing to do with tank aerials.

My rude remarks were aimed solely at the ex WD tank aerials - again never owned one - I saw the demise of other anglers' tank aerials - that convinced me they were bad news.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

they were cheap and cheap appeals to many people plus the pleasure of building it as well (well after it was finished) then the sadness on its first use finding out its crap but persevering with it when saner souls would have snapped it over their knee in an hour ,for some it took longer to realise it then admit it :D or admit they realised it the first cast

that j peek rod is on ebay if you want to relive heavy! :D

must admit this alyear fishing and relatively cheap gear stops kids enjoying themselves and learning about tackle ,the close season was a flurry of re ringing and whipping ,greasing your reels and float making then realising its only the first week and the seasons months away to try it out (bar a bath in the garden or the fishtank when your old mans out) theres nothing to look forward too and that unique smell of a pond when your setting up the first day!

packing and unpacking every bit of kit you owned into that new army surplus respirator bag you saved for and sewing up holes in your your keepnet where the cotton had rotted ,nostalgia attack has set in :o

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

my own "stones" shrank still further ,it was breathtakingly cold but chesters1 is not going to lose a bit of rod without effort ,my "rod" ofcourse returned to normal eventually :D

:o A new type of boilies or --llies perhaps. Popped up or on the bottom or everything together as a stringer :D

i havent a clue they didnt appear for days :D

i did think about doing backing castralto for the Bee Gees to get the high notes they couldnt

Edited by chesters1

i havent a clue they didnt appear for days :D

i did think about doing backing castralto for the Bee Gees to get the high notes they couldnt

I think that the time to worry is when it brings a lump or two to your throat :D

as long as its not someone elses lumps i'm happy :D

and that unique smell of a pond when your setting up the first day!

packing and unpacking every bit of kit you owned into that new army surplus respirator bag you saved for and sewing up holes in your your keepnet where the cotton had rotted ,nostalgia attack has set in :o

Ooh Chesters, you're getting me going again......I don't know whether nostalgia is a good or bad thing

Alan

I must be doing something right, I'm still alive