Help : Medical Problem

Ring NHS Direct to make sure, Ken. They will confirm it for you.

BS is, I think, twice daily, I have seen that before. But anyway, best person to ask is your pharmacist who actually gave you the medicine! They are, after all the only people you can sue if it all goes wrong! Doctors only bury their mistakes. :huh:

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

BS is, I think, twice daily, I have seen that before. But anyway, best person to ask is your pharmacist who actually gave you the medicine! They are, after all the only people you can sue if it all goes wrong! Doctors only bury their mistakes. :huh:

Thanks for that reassuring note :lol::lol:

I will check first thing tomorrow morning with Dorothy my local pharmacist and tell her I am not a Latin scholar :lol::lol:

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

Haven't told you this before, but before becoming an oceanographer I did a pharmacy apprenticeship and am a qualified Pharmacetical Chemist. (by examination - but I'm not on the list because I have not paid my subs for nearly fifty years now!)

However, I am not a "caring" kind of person and did not look forward to a life of pandering to the public's real or imagined pharmaceutical needs - so I chucked as soon as I could afford to.

In those days ALL prescriptions were written in dog Latin in the traditional medics semi-decipherable scrawl..

b.d (small case) b.i.d , b.d.s and b.i.d.s all mean "To be taken twice a day" - the Latin words being some or all of "Bis in die sumendum"

Pharmacists love this mystique, it makes them feel superior to you peasants out there :rolleyes:

Ken, it probably says "new dosage" because although you know, the practice nurse knows, and your GP knows you have been taking them twice a day for yonks, only recently has someone updated your computer files, and the computer now wishes everyone to realise how much it is on the ball.

Similar things have happened to me and I just love pointing out their errors to phamacists. As Corporal Jones used to say " They don't like it u........"

Edited by Vagabond

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

On that list i showed , it said QDS - 4 times daily TDS 3 times daily BD - twice daily . I was thinking that the Q stood for Quad , the T for Tri and the B for Bi.......See , thats why latin should be bought into secondary modern schools :D

sorry only just seen this

your advice is quite correct BD means twice daily in theory 12 hours apart,

the latin abbreviations are not normally used on the labels for patients medication.

take care

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

Similar things have happened to me and I just love pointing out their errors to phamacists. As Corporal Jones used to say " They don't like it u........"

Thought it was only the French who preferred taking their medicines in suppository form? ;)

Oy!! I RESEMBLE that remark!!

But BD is BI Daily or so I was told when doing my nursing training!!!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))