Ultimate bobbin

Kappa

Rob got me mine from a small tackle shop in Crowborough.I only used them a couple of times much preffering my bobbins when I could get away with them.I remember the arms were white and the moulded heads red. I got a feeling you are right about the diameter.Ive got some 5mm fibre glass rod in the loft will dig it out and play with that.The thinner stuff I got this time is definately to flexible.

Does the guy still produce them and if so any contact details as I did like the head/line clip set up.

Not seen Bob for quite a few years Budgie. I'm not even sure he's still alive, and I don't mean that disrespectfully, Bob had a long-term potentially terminal illness through the job he done all his working life.

So I really don't know if he's still with us.

As for his indicators, I know Warren Gaunt asked a similar question some time ago but couldn't find anywhere that stocked them. I think Wol got some off someone else who had a pair.

I know someone who might know though. I'll have to find his tel No and phone him. But not tonight as he's likely to be in the pub if he's still like he was last time I saw him.

phil h.

Budgie, you wrote..."All of the main players in this whole big bream/big bream tactics/big brean bait/big bream what ever threads that are running on here have actually (regardless of experience) caught 19lb + bream from the venue in question.Others masy have not but they have either caught a lot of biggish (low double) bream or have a lot of experience of bream fishing in general.Despite the growing amount of 15+ bream that are now being caught I think its a pretty unique group on here!"

Could you explain more please?

Richard, you said the Fox Springlok bobbins only fitted one of your requirments, I made it several, but then, what would I know :)

http://www.foxint.com/uploads/catalogue_do...and_Hangers.pdf

Den

Edited by poledark

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Den I was reffering to the fact that there were a group of people who had caught fish of that size discussing their pertained needs backed up by a group of very experienced anglers from several different "bream experienced" back grounds.And in that I include anglers who have regularly caught them by "accident".

On other sites where the subject has come up there are just lots of people who are offering advice (in a some what scornfull way at that) based purely on catching small bream on their local water or bream caught unwantedly whilst carping or just simply on modern "bivvy folk lore" None of which is particularly helpfull or of any interest.All of which is just made worse by the dissmissive attitude they have. A typical post of there dubious wisdom often starts with "All you have to do is...." If you see what Im getting at?

When you tell me of your experiences with bream caught by accident whilst carping its interesting due to both the way you put it and knowing your varied experience.Same when Tel says about his tally of "carp bream".Just because I dont always find that I agree doesnt mean Im not interested.Same thing from other guys who look in and comment from a different perspective it is constructive and I believe will help us form our plans/approachs

All input is good but it does have to be based on something! Mind you that said just the alternative theorising from other anglers helps! Its just this "All you have to do" thing! always from guys who dont catch big bream or even carp for that matter! Its kind of like belittling when just because Im intentionally trying to catch a big bream a carp angler who cant even catch carp/has less experience of carp fishing than myself tells me how to carp fish and catch bream as by line,does that make sense?

We just dont seem to get that on this site unlike others and in tackle shops etc! Maybe because we all know each other (angling wise) a bit more on here?

I just cant really explain it without sounding like an ungratefull know it all! I suppose Ive only mentioned it because of Phils post or rather the way it came over to Richard and that only today in a shop and yesterday on another site was on the recieving end of it and Im still kind of down on it.

Edited by BUDGIE

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

I'm still puzzled Budge, 19lbs ?

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Typo I think, should be 15lb.

Swingers would work - and of course swingers with a long arm are not a new idea - and were first discussed as far back as page 3 of this (very interesting) topic, but Rich obviously wants bobbins.

Back on track... pun intended :rolleyes:

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Sorry Den just checked what you was reffering to!!! No no one's been holding out on you! Sadly no 19's yet it was a typo like Anderoo said!!15 it should have been! I went totally off on the wrong tangent there! Jeeze what am I going to be like if ever I get to your age mate! :rolleyes:

Edited by BUDGIE

One of the things that I have never understood is why there is sometimes an attitude which says done it, been there and got the T shirt. The reality is is that there is always room for improvement. Yes there are basic principles and designs that have been around for a long time but that does not mean that the end products are as efficient as they could be. I can certainly understand where there is a preference for a bobbin and in essence it is probably the most simple, efficient and straightforward approach to the task of bite indication apart from the wind element. I think that it is excellent that people explore different possibilities. (innovation and progress I think it is called) and are prepared to share their experiences. Yes you can have a bit of fun and banter along the way, but behind it are serious attempts to get closer to perfection and that is no bad thing. Everyone learns from experiences and develops their own preferences and there is nothing wrong with that.

Like I also said earlier a lot of it is simply just the FUN of trying to make something.

I for one have enjoyed seeing others attempts and the way theyve gone about it.Im very envious of both Den and Tincas engineering skills and facilities.