And so the snowflake is gathering strength.........

mr motorola

Well doe's this take the biscuit or not for the most hair brained idea yet to come from this idiot Government.

Ban the display of cigarettes as the pretty colours may or will encourage children to smoke, what a joke.

The advertising bans on billboards, in newspapers, cinema's, in sports and in all area's of sponsorship has done nothing to change a growing trend towards young and even younger people smoking. As i have stated before i did not state smoking until in my twenties and have during the last 35 years known hundreds of smokers and not one as said that the pretty colours on display in news agents and supermarkets caused them to start smoking.

This is again the so called do-gooders trying to justify their existence and for people to say "out of site is out of mind" is the biggest joke of all.

Some Government maybe the next one because this current one is just a waste of space will begin to suspect that with a high proportion of our young people having no aims or ambitions in life due to the fact that they are neglected by their families and the Government they just don't give a sh*t and therefore decide to smoke and drink and fight and steal and murder and make a bloody nuisance of themselves whenever and wherever they can.

Pretty colours my A*SE.

Edited by medwaygreen

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If advertising has no effect it rather makes you wonder why the tobacco companies spend so much money on it ;)

Can we also assume that those who maintain it is their moral right to smoke anywhere they choose would also support the moral rights of users of recreational drugs to use them wherever they like and for drug dealers to promote their products to kids ?

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Well, I'm now in my fifth cigarette free week, and the things that most make me want to start again, are the bloody anti smoking adverts on telly. The one's that say, "When you try to give up smoking, cigarettes seems to be everywhere". Sure they are everywhere, because of all the adverts telling me how bad they are for me. The news items 'forcing' me to think about cigarettes, and smoking.

Then there is a Government, (I won't say Labour Government, because this one is not ), that keeps banning smoking in various places, and then propose 'hiding' cigarettes under the counter in shops, as if just looking at a packet will cause someone to start.

Will those smokers left, have to take their cigarettes out of the packet and put them into a plain case, just to stop someone having a quick glance at a packet, and going into some kind of frenzy?

Will leaving a cigarette packet on display on your dash board be an offence?

If you have visitors, and leave a packet in open view, will you be enticing people to smoke?

Maybe I'm being childlike, but my feelings are that, just like a kid, the more some 'jobsworth' tries to stop me doing something, the more I feel like doing it.

I think this latest piece of bureaucratic BS, will have the oppposite effect, to the one intended.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Rabbit, you have outdone yourself!! Look further than your nose and you may, if you have ANY grey matter, realise that if the government continue in this vein then, using the same "unsafe for the people" attitude, they will ban coloured maggots, bait additives etc in fishing, no gas lighters or refill aerosols, no hairsprays, etc - and that's just for starters!

I am afraid there is only one solution - the government have been dodging it for 20 years - start getting tough and retraining the parents of these kids to be parents!!!!

If someone causes hurt to someone else while driving, they are sent for a license retest - why can't parents be sentenced to learn to be good parents - surely the probation service or similar could retrain them!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

If advertising has no effect it rather makes you wonder why the tobacco companies spend so much money on it ;)

Can we also assume that those who maintain it is their moral right to smoke anywhere they choose would also support the moral rights of users of recreational drugs to use them wherever they like and for drug dealers to promote their products to kids ?

Now that is the most ridiculous statement I have ever seen relating to smoking, so called recreational drugs are illegal, smoking is not illegal.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

Guest Rabbit
Rabbit, you have outdone yourself!! Look further than your nose and you may, if you have ANY grey matter, realise that if the government continue in this vein then, using the same "unsafe for the people" attitude, they will ban coloured maggots, bait additives etc in fishing, no gas lighters or refill aerosols, no hairsprays, etc - and that's just for starters!

I am afraid there is only one solution - the government have been dodging it for 20 years - start getting tough and retraining the parents of these kids to be parents!!!!

If someone causes hurt to someone else while driving, they are sent for a license retest - why can't parents be sentenced to learn to be good parents - surely the probation service or similar could retrain them!

**************, how can you compare smoking with all the examples you put up?? Smoking is a killer no doubt about it, if you dont want to face up to that what about having a leg or to removed or facing other chronic disabilities as a result of smoking. is it not prudent then that we do not make smoking a must have for our kids? or would you prefer they suffer disabilities so they would be in the same boat as you like to sail??

i know you do not smoke and I do know your partner smokes for as you put it to IMPROVE her health..... NONSENSE you are believing your own spin my friend, and you accuse ME of having NO GREY MATTER. Get real.

Edited by Newt
removed a remark

Guest Rabbit
Now that is the most ridiculous statement I have ever seen relating to smoking, so called recreational drugs are illegal, smoking is not illegal.

WAKE UP!!! It might be legal but it probably does more harm than cannabis DOH!!

Really cannot believe these comments are from Paarents/Grandparents who really should be a lot wiser FFS!!

Guest Rabbit
Well, I'm now in my fifth cigarette free week, and the things that most make me want to start again, are the bloody anti smoking adverts on telly. The one's that say, "When you try to give up smoking, cigarettes seems to be everywhere". Sure they are everywhere, because of all the adverts telling me how bad they are for me. The news items 'forcing' me to think about cigarettes, and smoking.

Then there is a Government, (I won't say Labour Government, because this one is not ), that keeps banning smoking in various places, and then propose 'hiding' cigarettes under the counter in shops, as if just looking at a packet will cause someone to start.

Will those smokers left, have to take their cigarettes out of the packet and put them into a plain case, just to stop someone having a quick glance at a packet, and going into some kind of frenzy?

Will leaving a cigarette packet on display on your dash board be an offence?

If you have visitors, and leave a packet in open view, will you be enticing people to smoke?

Maybe I'm being childlike, but my feelings are that, just like a kid, the more some 'jobsworth' tries to stop me doing something, the more I feel like doing it.

I think this latest piece of bureaucratic BS, will have the oppposite effect, to the one intended.

John.

Why then are you trying to give up? Is it that you believe all this PC hype or is it a financial reason, or perhaps a health reason?

Guest Rabbit
Well doe's this take the biscuit or not for the most hair brained idea yet to come from this idiot Government.

Ban the display of cigarettes as the pretty colours may or will encourage children to smoke, what a joke.

The advertising bans on billboards, in newspapers, cinema's, in sports and in all area's of sponsorship has done nothing to change a growing trend towards young and even younger people smoking. As i have stated before i did not state smoking until in my twenties and have during the last 35 years known hundreds of smokers and not one as said that the pretty colours on display in news agents and supermarkets caused them to start smoking.

This is again the so called do-gooders trying to justify their existence and for people to say "out of site is out of mind" is the biggest joke of all.

Some Government maybe the next one because this current one is just a waste of space will begin to suspect that with a high proportion of our young people having no aims or ambitions in life due to the fact that they are neglected by their families and the Government they just don't give a sh*t and therefore decide to smoke and drink and fight and steal and murder and make a bloody nuisance of themselves whenever and wherever they can.

Pretty colours my A*SE.

You think that a change of Government will mean a change of attitude towards trying to improve the Nations health ..it wont, wait to you see what Cameron has in store for us.

i like you smoke and the age that I grew up in was a 'must' to smoke, it was inevitable that I would smoke, but I see no need to glamourise smoking in this day and age when all the health risks are known nothing to do with PC either just SAVING LIVES. so ''out of site out of mind'' is a pretty good start I think, and while were at it lets really clamp down on the sale of booze to minors, and perhaps our towns and cities will be a better place to live.

Why then are you trying to give up? Is it that you believe all this PC hype or is it a financial reason, or perhaps a health reason?

I'm giving up for two reasons.

One is purely financial, (£35+ a week is getting a bit much).

The other is the grief from my son and daughter.

Not for any health worries that I personally have.

When you look at a row of cig packets in a shop, the first thing you see is, "SMOKING KILLS", and other similar warnings. I presume these warnings were designed to put people off. Now they want to put them out of sight. :blink:

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John