The sky is blue

I'm stuck at home

With the bloody flu

The two best times to go fishing are when it's raining and when it's not

It might look warm

It might look inviting

But trust me when I tell you

That bloody wind is biting

Put yer feet up until warmer temps come along later in the week. My end of season campaign has got off to a slow start due to the cold, a couple of hours on the Thames yesterday (aborted) and today's plan cancelled in favour of warm, indoor chores.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Fair weather anglers, dont know what yer missin :P

Ah, but we do, we do, that's why I'm sitting typing and sipping hot toddy. Over the years, I've done my porridge sitting in an east wind with the sun shining.

As we are into poetry

"When the east wind blows and the sun shines bright,

then don't expect the fish to bite.

If you wonder which wind suits angling best.

Then wait till it blows from south or west"

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

I read today that a match on my club stretch of the Thames was won with a single chub, everyone else blanked...

Probably be the same tomorrow despite the predicted south westerly. It won't have time to make any difference to the effects of tonight's hard frost but the allure of a new (to me) Kennet venue has brought with it foolhardy optimism.

Probably be the same tomorrow despite the predicted south westerly. It won't have time to make any difference to the effects of tonight's hard frost but the allure of a new (to me) Kennet venue has brought with it foolhardy optimism.

Where you going - Chris?

I've got this Friday and Monday (of course!) off work - hope the forecast is right for the weekend!

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

Where you going - Chris?

I've got this Friday and Monday (of course!) off work - hope the forecast is right for the weekend!

C.

Aldermaston Mill, I went to have a look on Saturday and there are too many weirpools to resist. The barbel circus has moved on so I'm hoping for a quiet day fishing for whatever's still there.