Fed up!

Rusty

He's not a big fan of Hoovermonsters, doesn't like the one that lives indoors and eats carpets, nor the big orange one that lives in the shed and eats grass. Thinks they need barked at.

Must be something about the noise, I've just bought a petrol lawnmower and he's not fussed about it.

I started her when she was a pup. with a smaller hoover mind you. The big Rowenta would have probably gobbled her up when I got her at first.

• Like 1

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Dysons tend to fall apart very quickly ,a "recycling center" aka dump made a great deal of money simply replacing the on-off switch on earlier versions as they were cheap and nasty versions and fell apart internally.

Not sure about modern ones but the techier something is the more there is to go wrong.

If my 1950's fridge had some gadget found in modern fridges it no doupt would have been recycled into bean tins 50 years ago

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

All,

It's a shame AN is not a paid subscription-we could have all cancelled this morning.

As for the Dyson let me say for $500+ I did NOT expect my cyclonic oscillations to drop from 5,000 times a second to 4750.

I don't have a favorite vacuum and my Mrs. swears I'm not on a fishing fourm - but but but

Phone

Dysons tend to fall apart very quickly ,a "recycling center" aka dump made a great deal of money simply replacing the on-off switch on earlier versions as they were cheap and nasty versions and fell apart internally.

Not sure about modern ones but the techier something is the more there is to go wrong.

If my 1950's fridge had some gadget found in modern fridges it no doupt would have been recycled into bean tins 50 years ago

Only if it is mechanical, if it has moving parts. Opportunity was only meant to last for 90 days. 1o years later she is still going.

http://www.space.com/18289-opportunity-rover.html

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Only if it is mechanical, if it has moving parts. Opportunity was only meant to last for 90 days. 1o years later she is still going.

http://www.space.com/18289-opportunity-rover.html

I doubt it can hold as much milk as my fridge

How do you know its going ,just hearsay in that case ,in mine you can touch see and admire its cold milk ability

Bugger now i said thats its 50/50 it will be dead by morning!

Mechanical problems perhaps but software isnt infallible as anyone who has the slightest thing to do with it appreciates

Mind you your example isnt that great when you ignore millions of bits of tech or simple mechanical devices that goe to recycling every year ,it like finding a 100 year old car and saying its good and ignoring the hundreds or thousands long rusted to nothing of the same time

Mind you i am LOL

If i had known it would last me until now i may well have paid double

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

You can put a camera in it to see (wink) or just push it almost closed and seeing it do so

Edited by chesters1

Fed up? You've got it easy.

There's currently a topic on another forum I use with exactly the same title, i can't give you a link cos it's a hidden part of the site and you won't get in without an invitation, but here's a flavour.

Don't read this (or maybe do read this) :D if you're booked in for a vasectomy.

Fed up.

Of being dead on my arse!

If anyone ever thinks that having the snip will be easy or painless, I'll laugh in their face. Had it done on the 13th and I've been paying ever since.

Been in hospital 3 times in the last week and the walk in place once. Finally got properly admitted on Monday as my Clanger was the size of a Fuc$ing king edwards potato and ended up being operated on Tuesday night.

They cracked them open and found TWO abcesses had been formed that were 4x6cm in size (yes, two) and the inside of my nob sock was full of infectious sh*t.

Finally left with two "open wounds" as they call them, where basically it looks like my Fuc$ing insides are hanging out of two holes while they heal inside to out. It's grim. Got home visits every day for the forseeable to get dressings changed and I'm about Fuc$ing sick to death of it all. That in itself is fun. Some nurse comes over, pulls my pants off, yanks out loads of wadding that are suffed into the holes (some 6cm deep) and then gets a cotton bud thing and then crams new packing back in again, givving it a good rodding as she goes. Each time it hits a nut, it makes me want to puke in her face.

Can hardly get up the stairs, let alone do anything else. angryfire.gif

All in all, a wonderful month.

On the bright side, I've been given some of the finest pill combinations you can get. I was in so much pain, the codine and other "boring stuff" stopped touching it, so they gave me a special brew. After my first, I actually sat and smiled at a wall for 4 hours without moving. Wonderful stuff that I'd highly suggest anyone give a try.

I'd upload the photos, but I'm not sure the world is ready for it. icon_lol.gif maybe when it's all sorted and I can laugh about it again.

I've also lost any sense of shame. It attracted a lot of attention - at one "viewing" session, I had NINE doctors in my cubical and 7 of them all lined up to have a feel.