Are there any roofers in the house?

corydoras

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Quicker - I've got a Paslode. (but I only ever build the roof, no tiling).

You build roofs? Or you assemble roofs from prefabricated struts. The roof on my ex's house in France has bedrooms under it. You can see all the beams, rafters etc and there is not one nail in it, just great big dowels. It's not made from pine either it's all solid oak.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

I was really meaning craftsmanship not machine operators

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

All,

Yes, What are those shingles, bamboo? and on my UHHDD 49 inch Cat7 computer monitor I can clearly see those are not nails. They are pegs of some sort, maybe wood - can't quite tell.

Phone

Phone

According to Morino-san my Japanese niece-in-law, the 'nails' are made of bamboo. The shingles are from the bark of a tree the Japanese call hinoki. The foresters who harvest the bark can take huge strips of the bark off without harming the tree. From what I can gather hinoki is some kind of cypress.

The next time I speak to her on FB I'll ask but she doesn't speak English, my Japanese is shall we say "limited" so we have to communicate in French.

Edited by corydoras

You build roofs? Or you assemble roofs from prefabricated struts.

I always tried to avoid erecting trussed roofs (pre-fabricated), cut roofs were what I preferred to do - with nails. (Retired now).

IMG_4552-r_zpslftwpxgk.jpg

That's what I call a skookum roof mate, with or without nails. :thumbs:

Edited by corydoras

I always tried to avoid erecting trussed roofs (pre-fabricated), cut roofs were what I preferred to do - with nails. (Retired me also too old and worn out .Got a nice inside job now

IMG_4552-r_zpslftwpxgk.jpg

Number me with Rage it,s a shame Number me in Haste its a shame