diesel ban looms

barry luxton

Blimey numbers and stuff!

So we get rid of the nitrogen elements and keep the CO2 ignoring the little CO2 from the blue so the nitogen part is turned to nitrogen a natural thing lying around which is good but how is the water made i presume any hydrogen must come from the blue or somehow not burnt with the fuel? Or burnt in the manifold? Theres an O missing well somewhere unless its nitrogen dioxide ?

50 years since i messed with chemistry i am a bit iron oxide

,anyway asides that i am sure they said the world was going to be saved when they forced cats on motors now its saved again with p*iss? Are you sure its not being taken and good business for blue sellers?

Some of the carbonic acid from the carbon elements will form in the water then escape from tail pipe and either evaporate leaving behind the carbon part or be neutralised by some alkali and form carbon dioxide so the stuff isnt going to disapear as if by magic or p*iss LOL

Even never turning on the engine will form harmful products theres no way humans are going to improve on what we have done already never mind heal it

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Yeah, full reaction is here;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diesel_exhaust_fluid

But basically first step is urea -> ammonia plus CO2

Then ammonia reacts with the NO and NO2 present in the exhaust gas (which themselves come from nitrogen and oxygen in the air, formed during the combustion of the fuel), the oxygen from the NO and NO2 ends up with the hydrogen from the ammonia forming water and leaving nitrogen gas.

They could have just used ammonia in the AdBlue, but urea is much less toxic and easier and safer to handle.

Edited by Steve Walker

Ah thats where the H's come from LOL i wonder how long it will be until some dire side effect is noticed (or more importantly revealed) so some fluid needs to be injected to counter the blue effect ,our cars could be a collection of little tanks with just enough room for a driver if big business gets its nose in

Is me or is AN going strange again?

Edited by chesters1
  • Like 2

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Nothing wrong with being a cynic you dont jump off cliffs just because someone tells you you land on marshmallows

Nothing wrong with being a cynic you dont jump off cliffs just because someone tells you you land on marshmallows

There's plenty wrong with being a cynic, there's nothing wrong and much to be admired about being a skeptic. Cynicism is not a synonym for skepticism.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

I may have been answering cynically

I may have been answering cynically i will post that twice because i can

Edited by chesters1

Chesters1,

Thank to you I have a 50/50 - and you can post a third time because your are Chesters1 as far as I am concerned.

Phone

On Subject, does anyone know ANYTHING about "city diesel" in England?

Chesters1,

Thank to you I have a 50/50 - and you can post a third time because your are Chesters1 as far as I am concerned.

Phone

On Subject, does anyone know ANYTHING about "city diesel" in England?

not a clue i live in the sticks Edited by chesters1