5 replies to this topic

#1 The Flying Tench

The Flying Tench

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,284 posts
  • Interests:general coarse fishing

Posted 03 January 2018 - 09:42 PM

I use Thunderbird as a client email package. Last May I changed email address, and someone fixed it up for me so I keep the emails on the old address, but also have files for sent, deleted etc for the new address. For some reason I have lost all the deleted emails for the new address before 22nd October. I've still got all the sent ones OK.

I can't think I pressed any button to permanently delete them all. Can anyone think what might have happened. I assume there's nothing I can do to get them back?

john clarke

#2 Martin56

Martin56

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, Horse Racing, Guitar.

Posted 03 January 2018 - 10:53 PM

I'm on Outlook email & there's a folder?? called "Deleted Items" from which I can click on & recover deleted emails. 

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

#3 ayjay

ayjay

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,094 posts
  • Interests:Knife licking: birdwatching : :playing with mud and fire: beer.

Posted 03 January 2018 - 11:03 PM

I use Thunderbird as a client email package. Last May I changed email address, and someone fixed it up for me so I keep the emails on the old address, but also have files for sent, deleted etc for the new address. For some reason I have lost all the deleted emails for the new address before 22nd October. I've still got all the sent ones OK.

I can't think I pressed any button to permanently delete them all. Can anyone think what might have happened. I assume there's nothing I can do to get them back?

Do you ever compact the folders?

I've lost emails before now when I've done that. (Didn't  really matter, it was only the wife's folder). :lol:  :lol: :o

#4 Martin56

Martin56

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, Horse Racing, Guitar.

Posted 04 January 2018 - 01:26 AM

I once inadvertently created a New folder below my "Deleted Items"  (a sub folder in Deleted Items as it turned out - I'm only a Man ) & so I kept on losing new stuff regarding a Holiday Booking last year.

It was there when I logged in & saw the new email - Next time I logged in it was of course gone!!

Fortunately my wife was able to re- send what we needed as she had kept it on hers.

It took us both a while before we twigged what was happening - OK Wife saw it straight away when she looked at what I'd done!!  :bangin:

Edited by Martin56, 04 January 2018 - 01:43 AM.

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

#5 The Flying Tench

The Flying Tench

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,284 posts
  • Interests:general coarse fishing

Posted 04 January 2018 - 08:59 PM

Thanks for the suggestions, though as far as I can see none applies in my case. Not the end of the world, though.

john clarke

#6 chesters1

chesters1

AN Resident Contrarian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,080 posts
  • Interests:fishing,fossils,researching intrepid reels and general being naughty

Posted 04 January 2018 - 09:14 PM

I lost all mine on the bt server ,i complained and was given a link to a deprtment who said they could only recover 7 days ,i found 3 months in the deleted folder (no idea to why!) The useless gits ,luckily i use imap so my tablet downloads them but cannot delete them on the server
I gave up when the indian "tech" couldnt sort it and said his supervisor would phone me ,that never happened ofcourse!
Luckily i have a folder where i copy them across every six months so i only lost 3 months !

Edited by chesters1, 04 January 2018 - 09:16 PM.

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness  it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson