Should we have left the EU?

John S

30 minutes ago, big_cod said:

Who is he did he vote brexit just his opinion Ken ,.is it hearsay ???

The  haulage association says different .

The country is facing a summer of food shortages likened to a series of “rolling power cuts” because of a loss of 100,000 lorry drivers due to Covid and Brexit, industry chiefs have warned.

In a letter to Boris Johnson they have called for an urgent intervention to allow eastern European drivers back into the country on special visas ? ?similar to those issued to farm pickers, warning that there is a “crisis” in the supply chain.

They have said shortages of workers in warehouses and food processing centres are also having an impact with packing food for supermarket shelves

Eastern European drivers who wants them ? we do !!!!!!

And now pigeons  have fallen foul ? to brexit yes pigeons would you believe ? is there anything left to sink, brexit is poison  running through the country infecting everything.

Oh that nasty brexit ?

If only there was some lefty rag backing up everything he says with quotes from the RHA..

Edited by Ken L

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

14 minutes ago, Ken L said:

Firstly is this how  this government class lorry drivers  as labours thats  shocking in itself stupid idiots . But that’s about right for these  clots !!!!

And how many EU drivers or what percentage are we now down because of brexit .Red tape has increased not decreased with brexit leading to shortages from food to automobile parts .

All that scaremongering by remainders you were warned out it’s all now becoming reality .

'We're weeks away from gaps on the shelves': Business leaders issue stark warning to PM over food shortages

https://www.itv.com/news/2021-06-23/were-weeks-away-from-gaps-on-the-shelves-business-leaders-issue-stark-warning-to-pm-over-food-shortages

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

4 minutes ago, big_cod said:

Firstly is this how  this government class lorry drivers  as labours thats  shocking in itself stupid idiots . But that’s about right for these  clots !!!!

And how many EU drivers or what percentage are we now down because of brexit .

There seems to be a common thread among the industries that you are highlighting as suffering as a result of Brexit. They all seem to have plenty of British people who are ready and willing to take the work, but their recruitment practices favour foreigners because they are easier to exploit, and they are not prepared to offer the salaries and working conditions that would attract the people that they need.

Personally, I don't care what percentage of drivers we are down as a result of Brexit. This is part of the economic dip that we all predicted five years ago. It will take a little time to adjust, but when it comes, we will see more British divers, on better pay and a lower welfare bill to the taxpayer.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

3 minutes ago, Ken L said:

There seems to be a common thread among the industries that you are highlighting as suffering as a result of Brexit. They all seem to have plenty of British people who are ready and willing to take the work, but their recruitment practices favour foreigners because they are easier to exploit, and they are not prepared to offer the salaries and working conditions that would attract the people that they need.

What you are actually saying is U.K. workers are lazy and foreign workers work harder !!!! I agree with that a lot of the time, but  it makes our economy stronger and that’s the dumb side of brexit it’s just lose lose lose all the way ,

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

53 minutes ago, big_cod said:

What you are actually saying is U.K. workers are lazy and foreign workers work harder !!!! I agree with that a lot of the time, but  it makes our economy stronger and that’s the dumb side of brexit it’s just lose lose lose all the way ,

No.

"Their recruitment practices favour foreigners because they are easier to exploit" means exactly what it says on the tin.

EU workers in low paid jobs are NOT a net gain for the British economy.

Replacing EU workers that have to be propped up with taxpayer funded in-work benefits, tax credits and housing with UK workers who can be removed from welfare and become taxpayers is win win, not lose lose for the UK economy.

I don't know why I'm bothering to explain this again though because you have demonstrated many times that basic economics is beyond your grasp.

20 hours ago, Ken L said:

Personally, I don't care what percentage of drivers we are down as a result of Brexit. This is part of the economic dip that we all predicted five years ago. It will take a little time to adjust, but when it comes, we will see more British divers, on better pay and a lower welfare bill to the taxpayer.

Seriously so it’s an economic dip predicted 5 years ago , I have heard it all FFS the brexit madness intensifying !!!!! 

Want you back! SNP boost as EU supports independent Scotland joining bloc

If Scotland do go independent the European Union will welcome them straight back .This will lead to a massive scramble for companies from England to set up over the border in Scotland , investment will flood into Scotland  like never before leading to a boom in there economy .While cheap imports with Freeport’s will depress England’s manufacturing with unfair competition due to tax breaks from cheap imports .

And they said scaremongering it’s going to be worse than that !!!!

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

Round and round the troll goes

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

59 minutes ago, big_cod said:

Seriously so it’s an economic dip predicted 5 years ago , I have heard it all FFS the brexit madness intensifying !!!!! 

Want you back! SNP boost as EU supports independent Scotland joining bloc

If Scotland do go independent the European Union will welcome them straight back .This will lead to a massive scramble for companies from England to set up over the border in Scotland , investment will flood into Scotland  like never before leading to a boom in there economy .While cheap imports with Freeport’s will depress England’s manufacturing with unfair competition due to tax breaks from cheap imports .

And they said scaremongering it’s going to be worse than that !!!!

We'll start you off with two years ago.

And here's one from five years ago.

And now the one that I was actually thinking of:

No Andrew, there you go again, I was saying, (as you well know), that if it's better for my Grandkids, then I will gladly suffer in the short term. The opposite of what you suggested in an earlier post, that I would deliberately sacrifice my Grandkids future for my own gains.

John.

Edited by Ken L

2 hours ago, big_cod said:

Is that it ??? You can always tell when somebody is stumped 

Yes i am stumped everything you post has already been posted (and answered) tens of times ,repeating opinion and hearsay doesnt make it true ,even a two year old will realise if it keeps repeating something and it doesnt change anything it stops

round and round and round the troll goes

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson