Only 127 EU Tanker Drivers!!

Martin56

They are saying - If you think I'm going to drive a fuel tanker to get you out of the ****, then tell me to to sod off back once I've done my bit!!. Think again Boris!!!

They're wanting to stay here with their family in return, & what's wrong with that??

I'd want that kind of deal if I was them!!!!!.

Otherwise, Its a Thousand Pounds a Day, per Driver which doubtless will be paid to the Employers, but Not to the Drivers!!!!!

Crisis averted - well done again Boris (Not)

Edited by Martin56
  • Like 1

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

People blame the EU for driving down lorry drivers wages. The "government" can set any minimum wage it likes. Truckers in Denmark are on about 22 Euros an hour. Denmark is in the EU.

Strange to me that the 17.4 million that were whinging about Johnny Furriner nicking their jobs are not queuing up to gut chickens and turkeys for less than a tenner an hour, or living in a stinking caravan on a farm to harvest fruit and vegetables for a pittance.

• Like 1

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Meanwhile, DVLA is sitting on 40,000 unprocessed HGV test applications, and there are more than 70,000 qualified and documented UK drivers who have moved on to other jobs with better pay and working conditions.

This is clearly a manufactured crisis.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

We went on a National Holidays, 5 day Coach trip to Bournemouth a couple of weeks ago & our driver had to shut the onboard toilet on the way home as there was not a single water supply at any services to re fill the Flush - There was one, but the supply was disconnected !!

Edited by Martin56

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

Your wasting  your time Martin to far gone lost in space .

Upto press just over 100 foreign drivers has took up the uk government’s offer another colossal disaster it’s just one after the other .

100s of thousands of pigs on pig farms about to slaughtered not for food but to be ploughed  into the ground  that’s brexit in a nutshell .this is exactly where we are .

The whole thing is far far worse than what was originally forecast .no plan what so very never was just hot air and here we are  it was just everything would be all right .

And is it I am afraid not the U.K. has been thrown to the dogs .

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

On 10/8/2021 at 12:51 AM, Ken L said:

Meanwhile, DVLA is sitting on 40,000 unprocessed HGV test applications, and there are more than 70,000 qualified and documented UK drivers who have moved on to other jobs with better pay and working conditions.

This is clearly a manufactured crisis.

Meanwhile up to 800 butchers will be given temporary visas to work in the UK. 

I would have thought that amongst the 17.4 million who were whinging about people who speak a different language than they would be queueing up for the jobs.

I did a search on indeed and there were 81 jobs in the UK for abattoir workers, 28 on cv-library and ONE on Find a Job the DWPs on Job Searching site.

Somebody is having a laugh. people say that it is because the jobs don't pay enough.

What would the going rat be for killing pigs or standing all day with you hand up chicken jacksies all day?

As for lorry drivers the IR35 changes have a lot to do with it according to my trucker chums. One of them makes more money working 9-5 in Screwfix and the Europeans have voted with their feet.

Don't forget that a HGV driver in Germany gets an average of 42.447 € per hour. In Denmark it is DKK 164.96 per hour and that includes the driver of ANY truck of ANY nationality being driven inside Denmark. These countries have driver shortages too but they EU has a bigger pool of drivers to chose from.

This will get your knickers in a twist. In Norway a trucker gets €47,690 a year for a 7.5 hour 5 day a week job and they get Volvo and Scania trucks to play with. I know that the cost of living is higher in Norway than the UK but I can't see British companies paying truck drivers paying anything like that real soon now.

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

More self harm.

Government set to bolster supply chains by extending cabotage rights - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

It is about time our HGV drivers got unionised and sat at home until they get the package the want.

Edited by corydoras