Rachel Maclean says get a better Job!!

Martin56

So, who is going to fill the vacancy for the one who gets the "Better Job" ??

I can't believe that WE are even paying her a wage!!  - yes it's all out of OUR Money 🦈

I wouldn't pay her in washers!!!! On yer  🚲

Edited by Martin56
  • Like 1

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

On 5/19/2022 at 10:49 PM, Martin56 said:

So, who is going to fill the vacancy for the one who gets the "Better Job" ??

I can't believe that WE are even paying her a wage!!  - yes it's all out of OUR Money 🦈

I wouldn't pay her in washers!!!! On yer  🚲

You hit the he nail on the head Martin we currently have a shortage of workers needed across all trades , hospitality etc right across the country  . 

• Like 1

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

"UK unemployment falls to lowest level in nearly 50 years" obviously Britain is booming so needs more workers, increasing wages will help but also feeds inflation so a two edged sword

I can see the womans point half are working part time then whining they get a part time wage .

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

8 hours ago, chesters1 said:

"UK unemployment falls to lowest level in nearly 50 years" obviously Britain is booming so needs more workers, increasing wages will help but also feeds inflation so a two edged sword

I can see the womans point half are working part time then whining they get a part time wage .

And if we have loads and loads now doing thr low paid jobs , why de we still have glut of job vacancies  in all trades ????? .

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

More vacancies as firms get bigger or get more work ,wages to small so people dont take them up ,answer raise wages give incentives or go broke

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I'm 65 & now retired, when I left school at 17, there was a job for everyone no matter what qualifications one came out with (very little in my case) School was never a happy place for Me!! I managed to get an apprenticeship in Engineering & eventually woke up to find I was actually smarter than I thought. 

Those who've worked hard enough will always do ok.

Edited by Martin56

Same here ,walk out of one job have another one by the time you went home ,then strangely once we joined the EU everything slowed down .Not sure why but i guess if sellers can get foreign goods cheaper than producing here it you buy it and bang goes the brit industry .Unions put the nail in our coffin by trying to stop modern technology which generally meant less workers and more production which i know from experience they didnt want ,they destroyed their workers jobs in the continual need to bring down the bosses ,nothing to do with protecting their members simple spite and hate of anyone with more money and power than them ,labour (and clod) still act this way ,they hate bosses ,they hate anyone with money ,they hate good education  which allows bosses to be made they want everyone to be like them so THEY can be the boss

Just communists who want everyone on one level except themselves who control everything !

As i used to tell the old chap two doors away the boomers have had the best theres going to be its all downhill now ,my life was tough at the start it will no doubt be tough from now on ,the worlds like that boom and bust throughout time just like the weather.I was lucky i didnt go through a war like him ,hes lucky hes dead so doesnt see whats coming !

Edited by chesters1

Yep, Carl Burton (a fitter of sorts) would always stand up in the canteen Union meetings going on on about new technology & taking away our jobs (CNC) who was actually a bit of a Loan Shark, lending money to skint colleagues. We also had Andrew Hardwick (Red Andy) "Lets get the Full Time Official In" to resolve any Union disputes & was also a Union Branch Secretary. He then took up the position of Team Leader for the Management!!

He/She is now a Taxi Driver who goes by the name of Andrea!!

How times change 🥒

Edited by Martin56
  • Haha 2

(Repeating again 🙄)I was the youngest FOC in SOGAT ,The union meetings at NATSOPA house and within the company  were never about the members and their welfare but how to get one over the management ,tricks to catch them out and plots to force strikes .Looking back the unions did the most harm to their members and charged a fee to do it ,Wheres Shuck Mclean (the company i worked for) now? Long gone ! The unions wouldnt allow competition with foreign companies with modern machines and methods and they went broke so much for protecting members jobs! But they got their way getting rid of the bosses but look at the result ,no boss ,no jobs 🥴 They overlook the startling fact without the posh they hate so much theres no money to start and build companies in the first place ,and they want a return on their investments like any business its not some charity!

Edited by chesters1
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, chesters1 said:

Ah, but by working part-time and on minimum wage, they maximise UC and tax credits - especially if they've got half a dozen kids, where it can be tens of thousands of pounds.

There is zero incentive to get a better job, or work longer hours.

• Thanks 1

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.