Russian Gas!!

Martin56

If Maggie hadn't used our North Sea Oil & Gas to pay the Dole, we would be in a much better place than we are now?? (I was just over a boy at the time though)

Edited by Martin56

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

Sod Putin - we've loads of warm clothes & thick socks (+ a couple of good air rifles for small game, if it comes to it lol)

Edited by Martin56

We're now almost six months into the war in Ukraine.

The impact on gas availability and price is/was entirely predictable, and yet, nothing has been done to exploit the UK's shale gas reserves by fracking.

They are only just starting to talk about it now...

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

I'm by no means an expert on fracking Ken, but the locals of which it could take place have raised more than a few concerns!!

Is it to do with the movement of housing & compensation or more, environmental Issues (fracking seems to have been somewhat put on hold just now)

Mixed thoughts about fracking ,we are not a huge country if it polutes the water table it will have a greater effect here than america. Why not just open more north sea reserves? ,force the companies to move the pipes to come on land in England and take Scotlands bit  they have more water turbines and could fry their mars bars using electric . 

I am sure we could go back to town gas if pressed make chimneys mandatory on new builds and burn coke ,jobs in mining again ,more horse shoes and you can gas yourself once more when times get bad.

This is the first house we have ever lived in with fully working gas central heating it wouldnt be such a hard ship to not have it but its the WEF and its reset look at holland (can you say that any more?) Will it be here next ? It wouldn't take much to bribe union leaders to help they are only in it for the cash .😉

Bloody conspiracy theories are not going to keep the old folk warm ,thinking about it being nearly a year off 70 i AM the elderly do they mean theres a different class of elderly who cannot sort out things for themselves? The gov WANT to phase out gas hense these ridiculous Heat Pump proposals ,not being able to afford gas is a great way to force that agenda !Not being able to buy petrol when theres mandatory end of life for petrol cars is also a great way to get that agenda accepted ,are we being played for fools?

The oil age is over now its going to be a lithium and copper age (your not going to stop the rich getting richer) where the world is ravaged and poluted and held to ransom by a new set of power barons . Mind you will those  shiny lithium powered cars get charged the leads are being pinched to get that copper as we speak long gone are pinching car radios to buy drugs now its chopping off charging leads to get copper going forward tends to make staying the same not so bad . You cant get to work because you cant afford petrol ,you cant get to work because your charging lead has been pinched so its all been reset to the 13th century where the barons had everything and the masses knew their place!

Thinking about it when was the decision made not to install chimneys in new houses made ? Before the mines were closed ?,when the mines were closed? Or was there an agenda to stop the government being held to ransom by mine unions? Take away the need for coal and the problem is solved! making coal MUCH more expensive as its in short supply makes chimneys obselete . So the option of coal has gone ,petrol and diesel is going ,gas is on its way out so everyone is forced to use electric and your new smart meters will control when you use it  hmmmm

The old standby of paraffin heating is only obtainable by the rich nowadays and as calor gas is gas out that goes ,the troublesome elderly who know of life pre EU and internet freeze to death and the young (and clod) who believe anything if its on social media are easily controlled ,and now ofcourse using the words 'terrorism' and your safety and russia the internet is restricted and media controlled ,reset done!

Notice i didnt mention 1984 i think the author was being a little naive its going to get worse than that book! Luckily in a few years i will be dead and not see it ,if the world governments  could i am sure they would love to make me see it by it happening faster

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

11 hours ago, Martin56 said:

I'm by no means an expert on fracking Ken, but the locals of which it could take place have raised more than a few concerns!!

Is it to do with the movement of housing & compensation or more, environmental Issues (fracking seems to have been somewhat put on hold just now)

It's mainly due to a very effective PR campaign that stoked fears about the consequences of fracking while simultaneously lobbying MPs. We now know that the whole thing was in part funded by the Russian energy industry, who basically offered the whole of Europe the option of avoiding confrontation with the green movement (that they were funding) while still being able to obtain cheap, reliable energy.

Of course, in typical gangsta style, as soon as dependence was established, the Russians decided to start using their power to blackmail those dependent on them - which is why Germany, Poland and Italy in particular have been virtually silent on Ukraine.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

n 1975, Harold Wilson's Labour government had set up the nationalised British National Oil Corporation but when Margaret Thatcher's Conservatives took over in 1979, she began a swathe of privatisations. Britoil, the exploration and production arm of BNOC, ended up in the hands of BP, in a fire sale, for £434 million.14 Nov 2021

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

So why didnt labour buy it back when they were in power?

The opposition is constantly spouting nationalise  xxx or xxxx but they never did it so it cant be that bad.

Edited by chesters1
  • Like 1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson