Here's the answer to Energy Bills!!

Martin56

1) Eat more Salads.

2) Eat more Salads.

3) Wear some Jumpers & Thick Socks

4) Go to the Library during the day & use the Councils' Leccie to keep warm.

5) Turn stuff off on standby OFF - like Microwaves, Telly's etc.

6) Eat more Salads. 

7) Nick some wood & have a fire in the Garden.

We could all get there - it's just that some can't be Arsed!!

Edited by Martin56

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

There are lots of migrant hotels with nice warm lobbies if people get cold.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

4 hours ago, Ken L said:

There are lots of migrant hotels with nice warm lobbies if people get cold.

Yup blag a ride to the south coast wearing brand new trainers and hoodies then talk in broken english and you will be toasty warm with a full belly and fully chatged mobile (whether you had one or not on arrival) so you can tell your mates to ditch thir ID's and pretend to be :

If your skin is black .....somalian

If your skin is dusky ..... Syrian or afghanistani

If your skin is white .....Ukrainian

And your made for life ,no questions asked ,no need to sign on the dole and look for several jobs a week to get money , no need to do anything but remember who you are pretending to be . As a ethnic you wont get into a toasty lobby some G4S guy will throw you out only the privilaged get in!

If you get stuck in a building you dont like burn it to the ground until you get the mansion some believe you are entitled to ,if anyone objects the word racist will shut them up in an instant.

As to being just a white brit ,what goes around comes around we (as part of our parents family) didnt have a bathroom or central heating until i was 17 ,me as our family didnt have working central heating until this house so cold i dont fear theres always another jumper and living in the country is surrounded by things living that could die so can eat and trees to cook them on .The only stumbling block is the mrs had two bathrooms and central heating from birth and i am sure will warnn me that will continue! so see you in pentonville where thats nice and warm aswell when i cant pay the bill 😆

As for salads aswell as eating them grow them we have 8 varieties of toms ,lots of patio cucumbers (smaller than normal ones and grown in a tomatoe bag) lettuce and spring onions i many tubs and buckets mixed with radishes along with mangy touts in another grow bag .cant be arsed with beetroot the shops have lots same with baby potatoes . i like salads 👍

As a foot note i spent the morning putting clear tarps over the toms in hanging baskets and another over my mrs two toms she grows in the dirt .Why ?late blight killed every single one in that week of rain we had last year now most are under cover stopping the virus getting on the leaves in the rain. (Yes every single one was late blight 'resistant' last year ,they died anyway!)

Edited by chesters1
  • Like 1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

59 minutes ago, chesters1 said:

Yup blag a ride to the south coast wearing brand new trainers and hoodies then talk in broken english and you will be toasty warm with a full belly and fully chatged mobile (whether you had one or not on arrival) so you can tell your mates to ditch thir ID's and pretend to be :

If your skin is black .....somalian

If your skin is dusky ..... Syrian or afghanistani

If your skin is white .....Ukrainian

And your made for life ,no questions asked ,no need to sign on the dole and look for several jobs a week to get money , no need to do anything but remember who you are pretending to be . As a ethnic you wont get into a toasty lobby some G4S guy will throw you out only the privilaged get in!

If you get stuck in a building you dont like burn it to the ground until you get the mansion some believe you are entitled to ,if anyone objects the word racist will shut them up in an instant.

As to being just a white brit ,what goes around comes around we (as part of our parents family) didnt have a bathroom or central heating until i was 17 ,me as our family didnt have working central heating until this house so cold i dont fear theres always another jumper and living in the country is surrounded by things living that could die so can eat and trees to cook them on .The only stumbling block is the mrs had two bathrooms and central heating from birth and i am sure will warnn me that will continue! so see you in pentonville where thats nice and warm aswell when i cant pay the bill 😆

As for salads aswell as eating them grow them we have 8 varieties of toms ,lots of patio cucumbers (smaller than normal ones and grown in a tomatoe bag) lettuce and spring onions i many tubs and buckets mixed with radishes along with mangy touts in another grow bag .cant be arsed with beetroot the shops have lots same with baby potatoes . i like salads 👍

As a foot note i spent the morning putting clear tarps over the toms in hanging baskets and another over my mrs two toms she grows in the dirt .Why ?late blight killed every single one in that week of rain we had last year now most are under cover stopping the virus getting on the leaves in the rain. (Yes every single one was late blight 'resistant' last year ,they died anyway!)

If I got cold enough, I wouldn't worry about passing myself off as a refugee, I'd just be barging my way in with 30 or 40 like-minded people and taking the place over.

Hungry old people? Go liberate the food from the kitchens.

Imagine the optics of cold hungry Brits being forced to steal food from "refugees"....

• Haha 1

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

1 hour ago, chesters1 said:

didnt have a bathroom or central heating until i was 17

I can still remember the steam coming  from my breath when getting up for school, we had a Gerry under the bed, Candlewick Bedspreads & shared an outside Bog!! - complimented with old Radio Times (TV Times was a bit too shiny)

Edited by Martin56
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Martin56 said:

I can still remember the steam coming  from my breath when getting up for school, we had a Gerry under the bed, Candlewick Bedspreads & shared an outside Bog!! - complimented with old Radio Times (TV Times was a bit too shiny)

We couldn't afford breath ! ,air was only introduced to Bromley in 1967🤭

Yes outside loo ,dad thought he would "modernise" and knocked down the outside bog wall so you could go in via the kitchen ,still had the outside door but never got round to finding an inside one that fitted properly 😢 but you didnt need to knock you could see peoples feet sitting on the bog .Dad wasnt a diyer!

Although we had an ascot by the sink it was never on ,when we moved in it suddenly started popping which scared the life out of him (he had been caught in a fire in the suez crises acc my mum) so it was shut off so no hot water until i was 17 it still amuses me when i use the hot tap today ,if you had a bath it was a large enameled kettle on the stove tipped into a tin bath ,i was always last my hair was so full of dried soap (nothing but cold water to rinse it) it broke combs! Kids dont know how lucky they are ,i hear my grand kids asking their mum if i was telling the truth when i 'educate' them about my childhood😂

I even went to the same school twice in the third year but a year apart (went back a year when i lived with my gran in scotland then back a year moving back down a year later)i never got to fourth year as you can probably tell

The difference between then and now kids whine and go potty if they think they are poor (they think having a 43" telly is poor when bigger are available) back then you didnt know you were poor it was the norm . I was talking to a bus buddie about the weather ,the difference between now and 1976 is your hearing more about it with people warning of death and to stay in rooms with the curtains drawn incase the sun gets you and to wipe a gallon of sun cream before you look out the peephole in your door with a fridge full of water incase you want a drink ,back then it was a slightly longer summer........if the winter of 63 came back they would think they were in Antarctica and the world had ended not perfect sledging weather lets dress for the occasion by putting socks on your hands like back then🙄

Edited by chesters1
  • Thanks 1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

26 minutes ago, Martin56 said:

Can I go back out snowballing after me' dinner Mam, when me' socks are drier??

I remember my kids trying to master my pre ww1 skis (the damn things were made of hickory and were about 7ft long) going down the hill bouncing off frozen molehills then slowly walking back up gloved hands (lucky brats got gloves) tucked under armpits trying to thaw them out . Then waiting their turn teeth chattering for the next go. Probably!y PETA would be prosecuting us for mole abuse and social services breaking in to whisk the kids off to the resident council kiddy fiddler if people did that today 🙄

I remember 63 I was 10 and made a toboggan out of a couple of apple boxes and headed to a park next to masons hill in bromley ,quite steep but a tarmac path crossdd the hill at a right angle ,real toboggans hit the path and became airborne and landed mostly safely but mine hit that path and just disintigrated the first try ,i had walked a mile with that damn sledge and left it by a bin on the return home 😞

That hill had a lot to answer for ,my old man took weeks to build a balsa glider ,it had about a 3 ft wingspan so not a cheap enterprise the smell of dope had filled the house for days

Off we went to launch it from the top of the bill full of excitement (my dad was a bit remote having been in the navy for years so missing out on our bonding) he launched this thing into the air i started running trying to keep up but it just kept going higher (or me getting lower as j ran down the hill) and disapeared into the distance ,never found iit ,never beard of anyone elsd finding it , another one hit wonder🥴

Edited by chesters1

I can remember Mam, who lived till the age of 93, telling me about a man they called "Billy Suckerpipe" - Never did any harm (as far as anyone was aware) but he used to watch the girls doing P E in their Navy blue knickers through the School railings.