Happy New Year

chesters1

Happy newyear to all.

Had a phone call out of the blue today obviously a frail old lady so we presumed it was my old head bailffs wife Jan wishing us a happy new year .Sounded like her but seemed a bit hard of hearing which see isnt.

Suddenly she mentioned her name and it was a name from my Intrepid research contacts she had got intouch in 2003 when i put an advert for ex employees in the cheam newspaper but it had been very brief and i had no reply to my reply .No replies to any christmas cards so i presumed she had not wished to continue or had died as some have after all it was 60+ years ago when she worked there.

The reason for her sudden call was she had got a card from a long forgotten workmate who i had mentioned her address in his Christmas card so he had obviously got in touch .I said i should have asked first (as i said in his card she could be dead as i had not heard from her for years) she said she was delighted to hear from him (he lost his wife 20 odd years ago as she has lost her husband about the same time so perhaps they may meet as he lives less than a mile away from her ?)

Sending a letter to the old girl tomorrow and i will include a couple of other ex cheam workers addresses .She chatted away for 15 minutes as if we had been in contact for years or perhaps thinking i worked there as she mentioned other people as if i knew them personally from back then . As for Jan she phoned later and chatted away and said when bob (her son ) had time she would pop over ,we (me) hardly know her bar asking her on the phone getting in touch with Bill regarding bailiff matters and seeing her in his car as he passed now and again .I guess both old girls were lonely ,i dont mind a gossip but its hard work outside passing general pleasentries ,its hard work anyway for me i am billy no mates and have never sought others to make freinds with ,i have two i have known for 50 years they are great mates they may get in touch once a year if that lol

Happy New Year ,Dave aka Chesters1

Edited by chesters1
  • Like 2

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

And to you Dave and yours and the rest of you.

Don’t forget to have a dump before midnight so you don’t carry the same sh1t into next year.

• Haha 1

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Happy new year all.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

On 1/1/2024 at 9:52 PM, *Ant* said:

Happy New Year all. Although I have a feeling war on an even bigger scale is awaiting us in 2024. 

What Brexit 2 ? Or is khan extending ulez to the rest of the country ?

So few on here image.gif.8a981b241818a6ca2b5ae90863b9d897.gif

• Haha 1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson