Wrossy and Brand

five bellies

One thing to remember is that the BBC have nothing to gain and a lot to lose by sacking either of them, they'll go straight to ITV or Channel 4, for even more money. That's why the BBC pay them the big bucks to do, to keep them. If they go, someone else will take their place, and the corporation won't be saving a penny but will lose viewers and listeners.

I don't think anyone should be sacked, I think what they did was funny, on the edge certainly, but that's where good humour is most often found. The exec who cleared it for broadcast should have anticipated this adverse coverage, but in his place I would probably have cleared it too.

This has all come about because Sachs is a pompous, miserable old plonker who lost his sense of humour midway through filming of series two of Fawlty Towers.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They broke the law IMO

I don't want to pay my share of there over inflated salaries any more. Sack them.

Are you serious???.

Is this not AN the voice of all things Non PC, Come out get out more Cory DavyR this is not sterile manufactured humour it was real time.

Edited by Rabbit

It was funny but definitely OTT, a very large donation to charity and a grovelling apology would sort it for me.

Has Rabbit had his identity stolen? :o

I merely earned a daily fee from it, for recording the sound, I had no editorial or creative input. Well, apart from deciding which stones to chuck when!

Humour is a funny thing Davy

Well it certainly should be. Doesn't always quite manage it, though. :rolleyes:

I agree with you about the Young Ones - I re-watched a couple of episodes recently that I'd taped and it hadn't worn well at all (Red Dwarf the same, although I know it has a big cult following). The Pythons, like a lot of surreal humour, could be hit or miss - a lot of it missed, but stuff like the Spanish Inquisition still makes me laugh.

The difference is that satire, which I assume is what Brand & Ross think they're doing, is only funny when it's used to deflate pomposity (i.e. what is was designed to do). It just doesn't work when its targets aren't deserving to be taken down a peg or two.

It was funny but definitely OTT, a very large donation to charity and a grovelling apology would sort it for me.

Has Rabbit had his identity stolen? :o

Spot on I agree.

I wonderd about Rabbit as well :P:D:lol:;)

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!