Wrossy and Brand

five bellies

I never found Ross mor ethan mildly funny - usually irritating.

Having heard and entire Brand show on the radio when I was a captive audience, he just winds me up.

The issue as I read it, wasn't so much that they did it, but that the programme was pre-recorded, Sachs asked them not to broadcast it, the BBC intimated they wouldn't then duly did so.

Was it an attempt to get the younger listener on Radio 2? if so, thank God I'm not young.

Frankly, Ross and Brand should be sacked (not necessarily for this episode alone) as should the person who allowed the stuff to go out on air.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'The Girl' (as Sportsman would have us refer to her) Doesn't seem to mind all this free publicity, it'll help rather than hinder her modeling career, in fact that's probably exactly what she thought when she decided too sleep with Brand in the first place :)

It's show business folks, a stuffy pompous old fool (no, not you Corydoras :)) has been offended because his grand daughter is getting more press then him.

I know 'show business' is cynical Jon, and I could understand if it was her that didn't turn up, and they had a go at her.

I could also understand if they had a go at Sachs, for not turning up.

But to have a go, over 4 phone calls, taking the pi**, on air, on his answer machine (when he couldn't answer back), and bring his grandaughter into it for good measure.

That's scraping the bottom of the barrel, even by their 'standards'.

I wonder how Ross would react if the same happened to his daughters in a few years time?

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

John, I hear what you're saying, but the fact it's giving Georgina lots and lots of free media attention is not really being mentioned and to me is as valid as Sachs's mock outrage.

My daughter is 23 and I still think of her as a girl.

I will say though, if I walked into a pub and heard a couple of yobs boasting to all and sundry about how they had sex with her they would very rapidly be wearing various items of furniture.

I would have thought that most fathers / grandfathers would feel the same way.

Yes and I suppose if one of our next of kin was the subject we would all feel the same, hardly balanced thinking Is it?

Edited by Rabbit

The whole thing is now wildly out of hand, since the first report of a 100 or so complaints we are now looking at 10,000 plus, talk about jumping on the bandwagon.

As commedians I personally don't rate them, Ross's show does nothing for me. But it takes more than these two to make a program so some one else should be in the frame.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

The whole thing is now wildly out of hand, since the first report of a 100 or so complaints we are now looking at 10,000 plus, talk about jumping on the bandwagon.

As commedians I personally don't rate them, Ross's show does nothing for me. But it takes more than these two to make a program so some one else should be in the frame.

It could just be that not that many people listen to the Russel Brand show and that it is only the fuss about it that bought it to the public's attention.

There also seems to be an age factor with young people finding it less offensive in general.

Given that most mature people wouldn't listen to Russel Brand for a bet that might explain the delayed response.

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Yes and I suppose if one of our next of kin was the subject we would all feel the same, hardly balanced thinking Is it?
My point is that what the did was illegal. They should be sacked. Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

It could just be that not that many people listen to the Russel Brand show and that it is only the fuss about it that bought it to the public's attention.

There also seems to be an age factor with young people finding it less offensive in general.

Given that most mature people wouldn't listen to Russel Brand for a bet that might explain the delayed response.

There fore jumping on the bandwagon and having a dig about something they know nothing about, typical.

I'm pushing the boat out and whilst I would say it could have been better thought out by all concerned, I have seen and heard far worse on tv without it causing a ripple.

It was a tasteless joke to play but it was meant as a joke, had they made a personal attack out of malice I could understand why people would want to draw blood.

By the way "Did he actually bed her?" not been very clear on that point

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

The Bard usually has a quotable line about almost any situation. "Much Ado About Nothing

", comes to mind here.

Unless there was extensive and graphic discussion of who put what where (and from reading here it does not seem like that happened), an adult male made public disclosure of having had sex with an adult female.

Fairly mild even for TV and moreso for radio I'd think. Bad taste at worst and it sounds like this person makes a living out of airing his bad taste over the air.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

what annoys me as that they get paid so much for providing so little. Neither are very funny. Brand doesn't seem to even care and Ross has not shown any remorse. corys post suggest that what they did was against the law and in days gone by that should have been enough to have them sacked. these days it seems that you have to bugger the queen live on air to get even a slap on the wrist. This will all blow over and nothing will happen to them in the short term. In the long term i am not sure that Ross has any long term future acting like a 15 year old school boy as he approaches 50. time will tell.

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/