Handheld GPS

Socksy Squirrel

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use an IPAQ PDA - running Memory-Map software with a Bluetooth GPS ... is great for land and sea.

The Memory-Map software is very impressive ... great for taking marks at sea, and when on foot hiking, cycling, driving ...

Gillies

tha fis agam a bhe iasg nuth dunidh sasain!

www.gilliesmackenzie.com

I use a Garmin GPS 12 on my boat. The window is small but it is easy to read and I am more than happy with it. I have used far more expensive and complicated units but I still prefer the one I have.

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.

Use a Garmin eTrex, very basic no maps, but gets me to the chosen mark and back , plan my route the night before using a set of digital maps which I keep on the laptop...yes I know, but I bought it all in the wrong order :rolleyes:

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

http://www.jgtech.co.uk sell them.

Right on the Weymouth harbourside if you want to come over on the ferry.

[ 14. February 2005, 04:00 PM: Message edited by: Jim Roper ]

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

chevin:

I use a Garmin GPS 12 on my boat. The window is small but it is easy to read and I am more than happy with it. I have used far more expensive and complicated units but I still prefer the one I have.

Same here have Garmin Mapsource Atlantic BlueChart on my PC an interface between the 2 print off paper charts with waypoints and use gps to navigate between works great been using this method for a few years now.

I have a Garmin chartplotter/fishfinder. I also have a garmin GPS 11 Plus which has all the wrecks, other marks I fish loaded on. Also all the ports I'm liable to use are on it. Its used as a backup and is nearly as accurate as the plotter.

I could get home from anywhere with it and if it were to fail still have a chart and compass.

If you are buying one make sure it has track back, similar to an on screen snail trail which you can track straight back to the mark you've been drifting over.

Guest bennyTHEBASS

Hi socksy

i have a garmin gps 72 had it a couple of years now top bit of kit. i think theres a newer model out now i paid £150 for it worth every penny :D