Red Diesel to end???

Salar

Salar?

I think I pay tax on nearly everything in life that I use.

Why should owning a boat make me exempt?

I`ve never objected to paying taxes. Just don`t like watching `Gin Palaces` being fuelled up at 20something pence a litre, when motorists have to pay through the nose!!

Before you say anything more, I have a share in a few boats! The `Gin Palace` is on order.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::D:D

We don`t use J`s anymore!!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spasor,

It will be interesting to see if other non-gin-palace-owners like BlackVelvet share your views. The rich won't notice the extra taxes, or they'll find some dodge. Its Mr and Mrs Normal that will take a hit, just like always. VAT is just about bearable, but punitive taxes on fuel just to "bring it in line" with other taxes is totally unreasonable. Nuff from me, if nobody else cares so be it.

East Hampshire Boat Anglers www.boat-angling.co.uk

Sorry Salar.

Mr and Mrs Normal are too busy finding the cash to pay for the household bills, never mind buying and running a boat.

If you can afford a boat, you`re not exactly skint? Plus a motor big enough to trail it. How do you feel about filling the motor.

Yes. Life is a pain. Taxes here there and everywhere.

Just wake up and smell the coffee. Take a look at the TV news now and then. How would you like to live in Sudan? So filling the tanks might cost more. Many folk, even in this country, can`t afford their own home. Let alone filling the tanks in their boat.

Why don`t we just count our blessings?

"Why don`t we just count our blessings?"

Dam right :)

My dad never had time to fish because he was working away so much , my grandad thought a flounder from the welsh Dee!!!( a wonder im here at all but i am) was a choice meal. I get to fish several hours a week for fun :D

Yakity said get a yak in fun, I say sod that and hes right for real.

I say a lot at 1.25 am it seems :D

Help predict climate change!

http://climateprediction.net

Jaffa.

It`s getting late! I`ve only got a few cans left!

I`ll have to phone out for another case. Bloody expensive this time of night! They should cut the cost of couriers?

Well, don`t we all use them.

I believe you can get the excise back on petrol if it's for a commercial fishing boat.

Used to be a fact, anyway, but they might have changed it.

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

Spasor,

I class myself as Mr Normal, earning an average wage, but I do own a small boat on the Norfolk Broads, which gives the wife and me a few enjoyable weekends away during the summer, I cant understand your If I've got to pay, then so should everyone else attitude, and I also am bemused as to the "if the bloke next door cant afford something why should I feel guilty about owning one" ie, the Sudanese reference. I suppose, because it doesnt affect you, then why should everyone else benefit or enjoy something. To give an example, my wife spends a lot of time and effort working for a charity dedicated in opening up old bridleways and footpaths that have been conveniently covered over, or ploughed up etc by landowners, but because a lot of people dont ride horses or walk in the countryside very often, she if often riduculed by these people, for being a busybody, but these very same people would be the first to complain if they were denied access to somewhere knowing full well that they were entitled to do so.

So going back to the original post, I feel agrieved that Red Diesel will be taxed because it will add costs to one of my pleasures in life, and get annoyed by people who are not affected saying "too bad, just get on with it"

m m m m m m well I don't know how they will stop it, the red diesel I mean it. Red diesel is used only for off the road vehicles tractors boats etc. Building sites have the stuff for their mechanical equiptment,if they had to pay the full amount then the prices of building work etc. would go up. I have a diesel engine car but only use white, if you get stopped and dipped then your in big trouble, it's only a dye in white diesel after all.

My wee boat does'nt use all that much a trip so I am not really bothered, it will be a long time before I can't get the stuff.

Blackvelvet

stopped and dipped sound a bit rude. lol.lol.lol

Salar:

Presumably you don't mind paying road tax on the petrol you put in the lawn mower.

I had not thought about it, but no I don't.

[ 18. June 2004, 07:18 PM: Message edited by: corydoras ]

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote