Red Diesel to end???

Salar

I have just read an article in Motor Boat Monthly about the end of tax-free diesel for pleasure boats (including angling boats). This could put the cost up from 32p a litre to 80p a litre. Worth fighting! Go here http://www.ybw.com/mbm/redalert/ for more info, and if you have a diesel powered angling boat of your own start making a fuss now!

East Hampshire Boat Anglers www.boat-angling.co.uk

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Salar.

I just wish the government would!

Too many wafi`s and wefi`s on the sea for my liking.

Make them pay for their fuel. The same as any landlubber has to!

Why should owning a boat, be a reason to get cheap fuel?

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

We don`t use J`s anymore!!

Maybe - from The brief history of the fourteen Massoom

quote:

5. AL- HUSEIN “peace be up on him”

His agnomens: Sayeedush- Shuhadae “the martyr’s sirdar” Arra-sheed “the reasonable”, At-taieb “the generous”, Al-wafi “the true hearted”, Az-zaki “the noble”, As-sayyed “the master”, As-saeed “the happy”, Al-mubarak “the blessed”, As-sibt ith-thaani “the second grandson”, At-tabie li mardati- illah “who is the subordinate to please God” Ad-dalil Ala thati-llah “the guide for Allah’s nature” Al- Imamuth- thaalith “the third Imam”

quote:

10. ALI "peace be up on him"

His agnomens: Ar- Riza, Sirajul-lah "the light of God" Noor-ul Huda "the light of the true religion", Kurratu ainul- Muemineen "the believers' happeness", Mecheedatul- Mulhi-deen "the scheme of the Godlesses", Kifaul- Mulk "the rule capable", Kafilul-khalq "the enough for the creatures", Al- Fahdil "the honest", As- Sabir "the patient", Al- Wefi "the devoted", As- Siddeeq "the veracious" Az- Zeki "the chaste".

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

kleinboet:

Whats a wafi and wefi?

WAFI is the very accurate technical name for the sub species of humans that frequent yachts, it stands for

Wind Assisted F***ing Idiots :D:D:D

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

spasor:

Sorry Salar.

I just wish the government would!

Too many wafi`s and wefi`s on the sea for my liking.

Make them pay for their fuel. The same as any landlubber has to!

Why should owning a boat, be a reason to get cheap fuel?

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

That sounds like "tax anybody but me", with a bit of something else thrown in. So the next step is to put a higher rate VAT on sports equipment (like fishing tackle) because its a non-essential luxury. What would your reaction be then? Or would you welcome it because there are too many anglers anyway clogging up your favourite marks?

Salar:

That sounds like "tax anybody but me", with a bit of something else thrown in.

Sounds more like 'tax everyone the same as me'. As the man said, why should you get your diesel for your boat cheaper than I can buy it for my car?

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

corydoras:

Sounds more like 'tax everyone the same as me'. As the man said, why should you get your diesel for your boat cheaper than I can buy it for my car?

Because I don't use a boat on the road, where much of the road tax is spent maintaining highways. Marine diesel tax is just a tax, we won't get any of it back in marine improvements. Presumably you don't mind paying road tax on the petrol you put in the lawn mower.