Red Diesel to end???

Salar

A few months ago, I posted some pictures of some horses that were being sold because the bow-top caravan that they had been pulling around Wessex, was now to be towed by a small MF-35 tractor.

The owners now reckon they wished they had changed to it years ago. Using white diesel, it is working out cheaper to travel about, than it was, having the horses shod.

£16.00 in fuel to get from Weymouth to Stow-on-the-Wold!

They are down around Port Isaac in Cornwal at the moment and talking about trips to Ireland and Scotland. Life's never been better for them.

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ian Burrett:

Everyone including farmers will buy standard white diesel, the same stuff thsat comes out the local garage and legitimate users will claim the duty back. So it won't effect the cost of any produce.

That means that even more will get stolen from farm tanks.

Ian Burrett:

There will be no red diesel for anyone. Everyone including farmers will buy standard white diesel..

Says who?

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

I have had an e-mail off Rob Peake of the magazine that the article was in he said that the government does know about it as he has been e-mailing them.

I think corydoras is right the Farmers etc will still be exempt but how they will be able to stop people using it in their boats nah!!! like I said I can buy it from a farmers anyhow.

BUT MOR TO THE POINT HAVE YOU ALL BEEN OVER TO THE WEB ADRESS AND SIGNED THEIR PETITION.

sorry for shouting, just asking in a rather loud voice.

Blackvelvet

If all diesel in tanks will be legal for use in cars, that makes it more than twice as "valuable" and easier to dispose of by thieves. Anyone with a diesel tank - boat, vehicle, farm, building site, boatyard etc. will now be targeted by the thieves that once only stole petrol.

East Hampshire Boat Anglers www.boat-angling.co.uk

Ian?

I can point to several large Mercedes, that permanently run on `red diesel`. They tow large caravans. The police know that prosecutions mean nothing to the owners. They`re all `Travellers`!

They`ll just nick another Merc` and go blithely on their way.

But the demand for `red diesel` has gone beserk!! I`m sure the chancellor has noticed this, and wants to put a stop to it.

I hope he`s considered all the combine harvesters driving to the local filling station.

Then again. Only commercial boats or charter vessels should be allowed the red stuff.

We don`t use J`s anymore!!

Have followed this with interest,I might be wrong, but this might be to stop all those Uni Mog type vehicles being used for Haulage, when all they are,are glorified Tractors. I know of a few that trundle up and down the A9 regularly.I've spoken to a few Police Officers, and they aint happy at them at all,but their hands are tied, as they are legal, but being agricultural vehicles,as far as I know run on red diesel.

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

A farm tractor used to be governed to about a 15 mile range of where it was kept/registered. Is that still the case?

I suppose if you have a diesel concrete mixer, you will have to be a registered user. More jobs for the unemployable, who would not think of doing anything productive in case it made a profit for an employer.

More fees for lawyers. They allways do better when we have a Labour Government.

A local farmer got prosecued in his tractor just a month ago for using red diesel on the road, He was hauling stone for a builder and not agricultural work, so the laws are out there.

Tax exempt doesn't necessarily mean you don't initially pay taxe,

My boats are classed as tax exemt. I buy petrol at the local filling station and claim the taxes back at the end of my fishing season.

Usually time for heep big party :):):)

www.ssacn.org

www.tagsharks.com

www.onyermarks.co.uk