Mullet watch 2005

Guest sslatter

Weymouthsean . . it's July ( 8th, 9th, 10th ). Looking forward to the clear waters as a change to the muddy Medway.

I'll PM you nearer the time. Me thinks we'll ( Dave and I ) owe you a pint and an Indian.

My PB is over 4, but that was from foreign waters.

Fished Rye on Saturday. Tried for Bass from the shore as the tide turned and then on for the Mullet near Rye itself. Weather blew myself and a mate ( Dave ) off the beach after an hour.

No signs of Mullet in or around Rye moorings nor the tidal limit towards Appledore (suspect spelling).

Andrew Boyd

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sunday I had my first mullet trip of the year in the Medway (float-fishing with sand-rag from the shore for thinlips). Lots of bites, but all from sprat-size basslings (I had about 10 of them)! No mullet sightings. Very few lip-marks on the mud (and to spot those few you had to know precisely where to look and what to look for). I'm confident that prospects will improve markedly just as soon as some warm, settled weather moves in.

Yesterday I fished with two other friends and was only one who blanked.

One of my friends caught a 3lb and a 1 1/2lb fish and my other friend caught a nice bass on bread.

Andrew the water was so clear yesterday you could see the mullet taking your bread under the surface.

Hoping to get some pictures up later.

still only a few fish on crouch and blackwater, few lip marks but localized. i think its the wheather being so cold.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

you wanna hope the pair trawlers in the sw approaches did not scoop a lot them up with the bass shaols during the winter sam, im convinced a lot of our mullet spawn in the same places and times, lets hope not eh,

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

its just tjese constant cold winds mate thats all.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

i hope your right, but our shoals have definitely dwindled over the last few years especially in the estuarys thats for sure, i did see three thin lipped mullet on a local fishmongers slab the other day for sale for peanuts, very sad, these fish need protecting like the proposed bass, no value at all to fishermen but just as if not more value to anglers........

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly