blanking

tack4

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiya, Paulas wean,(sp)......thats Old Scots for offspring, glad to have you aboard.....I have 3 weans, all female, and not interested in the slightest about fishing....but am looking forward to, and I aint told anyone this.......A Grandson on Xmas Day......so the hospital tells us.... :D

[ 15. December 2004, 11:17 PM: Message edited by: Norrie ]

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

Winter, Cheers mate, I will make sure that "Andrew" (name picked already) will be a fisher,I have his parents word on that, thats what I have spent my life here getting ready for,It's a real high point in my life...hopefully will get him educated on everything to do with Angling/Conservation...and try to show him where "we" went wrong......"we " meaning our generation..... :)

BTW, Wean, is a shortening of WEE ANE,meaning wee one, but the way the Scots language goes, its mis-spelled to WEAN.....

[ 16. December 2004, 12:19 AM: Message edited by: Norrie ]

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

A cultural question if I may and while we are discussing Scot things.

Last night I heard a man interviewed on a talk show - I gather that he will be taking over as the host of another late night show.

He said that he was from Scotland but was forced by his neighbors to leave the country since he was cheerful most of the time.

My question is - in a case like that would the government revoke his citizenship for being a bad example or an undesirable or something?

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Hiya Newt,

in short he's talking C**p :):)

what a place this would be if we could deport all the non desirables (that don't include people being cheerful) :D:D

BTW can you remember his name????

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

Davy - I didn't catch it but I will take a look at the new TV listings. Should show up in the next few weeks.

So you aren't really exiled from Scotland for being cheereful?

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

norrie they've chosen the name well

the photo of me in link was before the blanking started

can't find my lucky jumper!!!

Andrew

member of Save our Sharks

SOS

SACN member

it's the taking part that counts!

@==---¬--¬--¬------<(')))>< angling classics