This w/ends LA meet

bigdunny

just back from this w/ends LA meet, hehe, well what can I say :D ......nah, aint saying a thing, well...thr was that thing about Norrie nahhhhhh , I cannie say nething. oh yeah, I did manage to catch the odd fish.

burp

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you stop at Ballahulich ??. It looked very rough there when I passed. ??

Glad they managed to put the roof back on the Scout-Hall

Look forward to hearing how Tony and his crew got on today , after yesterdays nice fish for Jabee - 183 Lb :D

A bad days fishing is better than a good day at the office. Tight lines all.

well that's us back now too, what an absolutely brilliant weekend :D Thanks to Davy oooops, sorry, Tony for taking us out on his boat will leave the write up to Davey as he is better at it than me. Got to download the pics from the camera yet, but we will get it up either tonight or tomorrow :D:D:D

scrabster survivor and official loony

www.tugmistress.co.uk

Life can't get better than this!

www.save-our-sharks.org

Hiya,

well here is the motley crew :)

Posted Image

back row left to right

Bigdunny, Blindog, Spurhound, Nick In the North, Tuggs, Tiggs, Norrie, Spasor, Peterthefisherman, David W & Jabee

Front Row Left to Right

Myself, Orca, Marky, Sandpup,

The weather was against us for most of today and it was a tad lumpy yesterday... but we persisted :)

All in all another cracking weekend :)

met some new mates and got some others new species & PB :)

I'll let the people in question tell their stories :)

[ 29. August 2005, 08:15 PM: Message edited by: Davy Holt ]

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

Tis Orca,

Didn't have the energy to log in, a brilliant weekend, what a cracking bunch to celebrate your birthday with :D I had more fun than on my 18th and 21st put together, your a great bunch the lot of you

Lots of tales to tell, this thread could go on a while, oh and Norrie did you notice I didn't give Davy the photo of your "rabbit impersonation" to put on.

[ 28. August 2005, 11:22 PM: Message edited by: Davy Holt ]

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

i didn't care it rained, i didn't care it was windy, i had a wonderful time and i am sooooooo glad you did too linda :D

on a personal note, when out on 'catchalot' i got my first ever thornback ray, with the help off SandTiger (saying "give it here, it's only a clump of weed now) and Spasor(who initially hooked it) and Sandpup (who took over winding from his dad for a while because it was only 'weed') ....er 7lb something :confused: .... 7lb 2oz been told, and also a spurdog, so they tried to get me with a skate, but both times it wasn't. oh well, there is always next time.... maybe!

saw my very first skate, they are a pretty fishy :D and whoever says they don't fight is a liar! i saw John (jabee) fight this one for 45 minutes at least and when they want to run, oh boy you ain't got a lot of choice in the matter

i for one will certainly go back again, if davy and linda let me, i was a scaredy cat and wanted to see a skate pulled up before i attempted one, would like a go now, even if i give up [art way through! at least i can say i tried (oh, and the help of someone to put the line back on the reel as my hands are too small as there is no level wind on them things :(:P )

[ 28. August 2005, 11:49 PM: Message edited by: tuggs ]

scrabster survivor and official loony

www.tugmistress.co.uk

Life can't get better than this!

www.save-our-sharks.org

I'm back too, all I can say is :D:D:D what a weekend!!!

Anthony/Davy (well it is Sunday, opps, just noticed, its not), thanks for the help in getting me two firsts, a thornback (first one only 4lbs but I don't care) and yup, I got me a lesser spotted catfish (a Doggie :D ) then another thornie (little bit smaller) plus a few whiting, coallies,pollock and mackies.

Linda, I never knew it was your birthday, why didn't you tell me?

I've had a look at some of the pics, and will put some up later, ok, tomorrow, bit tired now.

Thanks again to everyone for a great weekend, great bunch of people I can call friends :D

I've been to Scrabster... and I want to go back!!!