How do you fish

The Flying Tench

I ought to have added, for those who might not be familar with the JRC Stealth, that it does not resemble your "normal" brolly. There's no central pole or spike to muck about with - instead there are 10 heavy-duty screw-in pegs and a minimum of two storm poles to put in. It sounds a bit of a palaver, but even I can get the thing set up in 10 minutes, once up it will never be blown inside out or over, and best of all at the end of a long day, it actually packs back into its carry-bag without difficulty, even if not folded perfectly. And it's no heavier than a wavelock brolly. Or any more expensive.

http://www.climaxtackle.com/jrc_products/s...storm_sides.htm

I've no connection with JRC - just a very happy Stealth owner. :)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ought to have added, for those who might not be familar with the JRC Stealth, that it does not resemble your "normal" brolly. There's no central pole or spike to muck about with - instead there are 10 heavy-duty screw-in pegs and a minimum of two storm poles to put in. It sounds a bit of a palaver, but even I can get the thing set up in 10 minutes, once up it will never be blown inside out or over, and best of all at the end of a long day, it actually packs back into its carry-bag without difficulty, even if not folded perfectly. And it's no heavier than a wavelock brolly. Or any more expensive.

http://www.climaxtackle.com/jrc_products/s...storm_sides.htm

I've no connection with JRC - just a very happy Stealth owner. :)

I was going fishing yesterday,. but as the rain was so bad I stayed home. If the rian is light I will head out and use a brolley, I dont mind sitting in the rain aslong as I can cast ok from under the brolley, if I am heading to the river I always head to a swim that will fish well when the water is rising.

Jasper Carrot On birmingham city

" You lose some you draw some"

Its very rare i take a brolly fishing these days, As most of my sessions are short ones on the river. I prefer to just wear some good wet weather kit. I alway have a brolly in the boot of the motor just incase though. The only time i will take it to the swim is if i am fishing all day eg if piking on a stillwater when i most likely going to be sitting it out in one swim. And even then its more to get out the wind than to keep me dry

Bind my wounds, And bring me a fresh horse.

Waterproofs, brolly, hot coffee and dreaming of May and tench fishing! I also tend towards short sessions, close to home of possible, if it looks like being really miserable. Often, these days, I just won't go if it looks horrible.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I used to huddle under a brollie or fish out in the rain with all my storm wear on and love it no matter what the weather threw at me, however as I have got older the fireside or pub has got much more inviting on rainy and windy days. And tying a few hooks, making the odd float, respooling my reels or reading a good Angling book; is what I do when the weathers bad.

Edited by BoldBear

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

If I'm already out roving a river and it starts to rain then provided my waterproofs are doing their job then I'll carry on (helps if the wind/rain is at my back), it can be very pleasant. If it was raining before I'd set off I wouldn't go because I hate unloading and tackling up in the rain, it's always a recipe for loosing things and hooking myself.

I don't have a brolly so still water fishing in rain is not for me waterproofs or not.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Do we not have any photographs of last year's Test fish-in?

I think from that the consensus was "by closely resembling a drowned rat".

Although, my big waterproof coat and bib & brace kept me pretty dry and very warm.

Do we not have any photographs of last year's Test fish-in?

I think from that the consensus was "by closely resembling a drowned rat".

Although, my big waterproof coat and bib & brace kept me pretty dry and very warm.

Some here: http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/Graylin...html&st=140

Without exaggerating, that was the coldest and wettest I've ever been. Please let it be better this year!

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music