Go Fishing 2004

jabee

Is it next month?? I don't buy many weeklies/Monthlies. But I do fancy a trip this year!

Chris

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

I go every year, if you want the latest tackle cheap it's the only place to buy it. If you're in the market for a pole, they have them all set up, ready for you to try them out (not often you get a chance to do that!) and usually they are at special 'Show Prices'. Anything new that is coming out soon, is on show at special prices - you have to take a lot of money with you or a credit card. :D:D

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

I have been twice.

I only went the second time, because I didn,t think it would be as bad as the first time.

But, it was.

It takes longer to walk from the car park to the hall, than to walk round the exhibition.

I can,t comment on the poles, but everything else, you can buy at your local tackle shop, as good and probably cheaper.

If "celebrity" spotting is your thing, then there are a few of them around.

A lot of money to pay and a long way to travel,

for nothing (celebrity spotting ain,t my thing :) ).

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

Sounds like it's not worth the trip, although I'm still going - Dad had a triple heart bypass two weeks ago and won't be fishing for two or three months yet - He dropped a couple of hints at the weekend about him perhaps coming with me if I were thinking about going, which means "You'll take me up there, won't you". :D

"To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, and call whatever you hit the target."

I worked on the PAA stand 2 years ago ......

it was great to see 'littluns' winning rods and reels ....

as for the exhibition itself, had a natter with John Wilson, other than that, it took me 10 minutes to see the rest!

Glad I didn't have to pay for my ticket!

Sea Angler would have us believe that they sponsor the event ....... actually it's more for the EMAP coarse and carp mags/papers.

Got to say I just spoke to a mate of mine (Yes Trogg I do have some!) And he reckons that Sea Angler are going all out to put up a stand and all the bells and whistles. Says it sound like it will be a good do?!

And he doesn't like Sea Angler either!!

Chris

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))