AN Trip. Weymouth 9th May.

spasor

What a cracking day out that was. My sincere thanks to spasor for the trip (How he got up after that skinful I,ll never know) to little onions, Mike, jabee,Sand tiger,Hembo??(next time mate)for making me feel very welcome,and notlast to Colin for finding us a few fish on a difficult day. Well done spasor on a nice tope and Sand tiger for a very pretty Blonde Ray. Thanks also to Chris Goddard for his generous donation of tackle for prizes etc. Regards, BB

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Enormous thanks, Spasor, for a fab day out and for the goody bag.xx

How big did that tope end up? :D

Lovely to meet you, BB, Jabee and Hembo - hope you tracked down your keys.

Santiger - you were right, Mick and I did regret not coming to Dartmouth with you, hope you caught loads, pics on their way to you soon.

Mr. Roper, where did you disappear to? I appreciate your abstention, but I'm sure the lanlady of 'The Sailors' would have allowed us to buy you a cup of tea. Mick and I were looking forward to chatting to you, but you vanished. What a mystery you are!

Help me unhook these, please.

What a lovely weekend! What a crew! Pity about the fishing? At least no-one blanked, most folk easily caught a dozen fish. Pity most of them were doggies.

During the day we managed to boat doggies, pout, mackeral, thornback and blonde rays, smooth-hound, pollack. I even managed a tope at the end of the day.

Boybilly won 1st prize (a rod hold all), for the best fish of the day. A nice thornback ray.

I won 2nd prize ( a stainless T bar)for the biggest fish of the day. A HUGE tope! Well it was nearly 20lbs?

Unfortunately hembo won the weakest-link prize ( a rig bin ), for his attack of mal de mere? I felt sorry for him, because he was brave enough to join myself and sandtiger in a latenight chinese! Not the wisest choice for a newcomer to boat fishing. But I`m sure he enjoyed the evening.

Thanks to all that attended. I`ve now got more anglers that I can feel free to take the mickey out of. :D

Thanks again to Chris Goddard once again for donating the prizes and contents of the goody bags. You must attend the next one Chris!! You really have missed out on frantic weekend.

:D:D

We don`t use J`s anymore!!

Alan.

You don`t know the half of it. When we all met up to say our good-byes, sandtiger tried to persuade some of us to drive to Dartmouth for another days drinking and fishing!!

As much as I like Davey`s company, 6 days out of a fortnight with him, is as much as I can stand? He`s a bad influence, and I`m easily lead! :D:D

Just looking forward to August without him. But I expect Davey will phone me at work with an invite to go smut bashing.

Things could be a lot worse. :D:D:D

it was great to meet everyone and a very big thankyou to everyone for making it such a great weekend . this boatfishing is now becoming a severe challenge to me especially when at anchor ; but i fully intend to beat it . paul i thought the tope was at least 30 pounds ! but i was under the influence of tablets and alchohol. still no keys but i am a member of a scheme that if someone finds y key they put it in the post to the company im registered with. still it was great to put faces to names . it was also an insight to see what a great skipper colin penny is as and the work involved a trip . especially as he had to cirumnavigate :D a 16 stone pale faced lummox on a regular basis . :D

[ 11. May 2004, 07:12 AM: Message edited by: hembo ]

The salary of the chief executive of a large corporation is not a market award for achievement. It is frequently in the nature of a warm personal gesture by the individual to himself.

John Kenneth Galbraith

i also blanked!!!!

The salary of the chief executive of a large corporation is not a market award for achievement. It is frequently in the nature of a warm personal gesture by the individual to himself.

John Kenneth Galbraith

Everybody seemed so concerned about their parking tickets running out that I thought you were all dispersing fairly quickly and would not want to drive home, having had anything from behind the bar.

I had forgotten to have any tea over the weekend(again) and had a migraine coming on. I'd fallen asleep on the beach at Abbotsbury in the early hours, got up to try(unsucessfully)to get some mackerel for your bait, and went back after I saw you set off, to use up the worms I had left.

Somebody had caught a herring there in the mid morning!

I think I might be tempted to have a trip on that new boat in the Swansea area though!

[ 11. May 2004, 07:36 AM: Message edited by: Jim Roper ]

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

Hope you're feeling better now, Jim.

No doubt Little Feathers and I will persuade our better halves to accompany us to Chesil in July - will let you know when.

The Club 'mackerel bash' is at Slapton sands on July 10th, some of our more senior members find the Chesil pebbles a bit of a challenge.

Help me unhook these, please.

Watch out onions.

Slapton sands is too near Dartmouth for comfort. I firmly expect Davey to try and drag me along. :rolleyes:

But if you`re all going to Slapton, why not make it a `Bass bash`?