It is with deep regret that I announce the passing away of -

Snatcher

My companion and dearly loved friend for the past 30 years,my fly tying vice.I have been put onto medication due to the shock of the whole experience but the doctor told me to let it all out and talk about it to people. Well here goes and please excuse me if I happen to break down during the telling of the story.

It happened last night after I got home from late shift. I have quite an order book to do for you AN chaps and I was busy tying some sandeel babies up. I had tied up 6 with not a hint of what tragic event was about to happen. I was tying up my 7th sandeel of the session,I think it was for "dilly dangler" when her head suddenly sheared off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was a horrible scene,there was fluff,feathers,epoxy resin,spilled Miller lager everywhere. It was my worst nightmare.It was also a bad case of "coitus interuptus" because her mouth was full at the time. Rigamortis was spontaneous and a half finished sandeel lies in her jaws now till Armaggedon!I blame myself to some extent for this tragic waste. I could have put her into a private engineering maintainance scheme with regular NDT checkups and could have treated her to the occasional nice warm bath of WD40.

But no I did not and I feel a sence of guilt about the whole thing.Got to pull myself together for her sake and think about funeral arrangements.She spent the last year or so of her life helping me make saltwater flies so I thought a burial at sea would be appropriate. Thought about setting her adrift in Luce Bay just in front of my caravan. Many a time we used to sit in front of the caravan together tying up flies and admiring the view across Luce Bay. Yes I will do this thing for her. Was thinking about a couple of tunes after the service - maybe "fly me to the moon" or "tie your mother down",will take on any ideas chaps. And there will be a few drinks for close friends. No flowers please just a donation to the ACA.

But life moves on,she would not have wanted me to grieve so I have just been to my local hardware shop and bought a small craft vice so it is now business as usual. I will try and not get so immotionally involved with the new one - but she is a smasher mind!

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Will bear it in mind Ken,cheers.

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Cheers Huge,right up my street. I need cheering up after last nights tragic events. Lost a whole can of Miller,had not taken one sip! What a waste

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Snatcher:

Cheers Huge,right up my street. I need cheering up after last nights tragic events. Lost a whole can of Miller,had not taken one sip! What a waste

Sorry about that mate........

you must be gutted.

I trust you had a reserve lined up for such an occurance :P

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Yes another 23!

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair