Roll call for this weekend at LA

Davy Holt

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its ok matey, we will be eating in the hotel .... :D:D and I'm bringing kebabs up for my lunch..... :D BTW, what d'you mean "Car", thats some japanese thing, not a car....

[ 25. May 2005, 07:05 PM: Message edited by: Norrie ]

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

Well folks,

Unfortunetly i cant make it this weekend. I dont think i even need to wish you well, it will be a belter of a weekend! ANd that bbq!!! Scallops too... mmmmm

Well jelous. Have a good one everyone, im sure ill get to meet the new faces again one of these years.

Shaun

Tight Lines

Shaun

Well what can I say.. what a weekend :D:D

The fishing was great, the company was great (even Norries :P ) and the BBQ was superb :):)

I'll let Jabee post the full report as I think he has something he might want to tell everyone

[ 30. May 2005, 11:27 PM: Message edited by: Davy Holt ]

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

Just arrived home after driving back home to WSM from Lochaline this morning. I have an early start in the morning so a full report will follow later with pics, but for now;

Caught my first Skate :D , a 120lb female on Sunday, followed by a 107lb male on Monday. Also got my first Spurdog :D and a Black Mouthed Dogfish :D at my first attempt :D:D .

Some great company for the weekend and fine weather, despite the forecast.

Thanks to Dave and Norma for the BBQ on Sunday, Paul for keeping us entertained, Norrie for his hat and especially Davy for three new species, including a pair of Skate.

I may not stop smiling for a while yet :D:D:D

"To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, and call whatever you hit the target."

I`m never going back to Lochaline again!!

Firstly. They made me catch all the bait!Well,nearly.

Then I was made to catch all the lsd`s that might have made a meal of the skate baits. I got sneaky a few times and managed a thornback and a 3 bearded rockling. MY FIRST!! Davy just whooped with delight, grabbed it and had his photo taken with it. Then threw it over the side! Bloody fish thief!!

I was, allowed to catch one skate. Which I descibed as embarressingly small on the way up? It was only a 146lb female.

Normas` BBQ was one of the few high points of the weekend. Even if we all ended up hiding in the barbie smoke to escape the midges.

The folk that run the hotel are complete nutters!! They tried to kill me! :D:D I was made to stay up till sunrise, every night drinkin gin and tonics, all free of course. :(

OK. I`ll go back, just once more.(this year)

We don`t use J`s anymore!!

I see you survide Paul, your small 146lb skate makes my one and only 30lb look like one of those gnats you were complaining about. :D

Was the gallons of gin and tonic consumed to stave of any chance of contracting malaria? :rolleyes:

Must have given you spinnage for breakfast :D

Well done mate glad you enjoyed yourself.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

Ken, I was sharing a room with Paul....got woken up one morning at 6.30 am, and told him, to get back to bed as brekkie wasnt being served till 8 am....but Norrie he said, this is me just getting to bed...!!!! :D

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/