Catfish

Norfolkdan

Hoppy4 - catfish boilies. Interesting stuff.

How have they done for you.

Also, any ideas about using them for channels, blues, flatheads? If you think they are worth a shot I'll order a pack or two. You are probably one of the few folks around with lots of Wels experience and also with lots of 'real' catfish exprience so I figured I'd ask. :D

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have had many cats on 25lb snakeskin, i'v had them to 28lb and a mate has had them to 38lb on this, although i just switched to snake-bite. (got the wrong one doh)

I use Source glug for source boilies.

If you like your glug, i'v started using these mottled, weed hugging leads.... you can glug them too

Cheers

<º))))><.·´¯`·.ÐÅѸ.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

IPB Image

DJMCJERICO:

Boileys are my fav, try some well glugged source boilies, i'v even had a pike take one of these.

Worms are also good, ledger and float fished.

As for rigs, 15lb line, cant remember what i use but most settle for big game, Bolt rigs (saftey of corse)and 25lb snakeskin hooklength, about a size 6 hook.

If you have never caught one before your in for a shock, they make carp seem like a wet sack :o

What about livermeat and squids?? Stongly advised you to used Kryston Quicksilver in the 35lb B.S. and the 45lb B.S. for hooklenghts

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

I've also had cats on BIG bunches of lobs, when I say big I mean 5 or 6 large lobs on a 2/0 hook ;-)

Fished popped up over a bed of trout pellet got best results.

Mat

Mat

Newt, We have guys that have caught them on NORMAL Boiles! I myself have used them sparringly as they are definitely for the Wels as the size relates. This year we have not targeted the Wels, but a 12 year old caught one on a lure weighing 58lb. 2 weeks ago. This got the Mainsondheim Club in a Buzz. Another caught a 40lb. fish on a Large Spoon on Thursday of last week by the locks in Kenetzgau on the Main river. He was not preparred and had medium tackle that required 45 minutes to get it to the shore. I have been after Zander and Hecht more so and the occaisional Carp. The temperatures have been crazy here as one day we have 50F and the next we have 80/90F. The time is right for the Wels to spawn and this has made it difficult. I have 2 of the varieties and will be giving more attention to them in the next couple of weeks. After I return from Norway, I will be focusing more time on the cats around here. The 2 rod limit make it a choice about which fish you are targeting on that particular day.

HOPPY4

[ 07. June 2005, 07:24 AM: Message edited by: HOPPY4 ]

HOPPY

Both of Matthews 26lb+ catfish were caught on normal boilies, Nutrabaits big fish mix base and cranberry flavour. The 1st 26lb 10oz (His 1st ever catfish!!) was caught whilst carp fishing.

Boilies are a goob bait for the cats. With the fishy small of halibut pellets they may be worth a try on one rod then go for lobs or fish based boilies on the other.

I use Quick silver hook lengths with mono line.

lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

Andrew Burgess:

Stongly advised you to used Kryston Quicksilver in the 35lb B.S. and the 45lb B.S. for hooklenghts

Eh, no u didn't, i don't know you.

Or did you mean advise :P

Cheers

<º))))><.·´¯`·.ÐÅѸ.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

IPB Image

DJMCJERICO:

DJMCJERICO:

Stongly advised you to used Kryston Quicksilver in the 35lb B.S. and the 45lb B.S. for hooklenghts

Eh, no u didn't, i don't know you.

Or did you mean advise :D

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/