mini AA Maglite

Andy_1984

Check out the smallest of the black aluminium LED torches sold by Tesco. They will blow away any maglight.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Check out the smallest of the black aluminium LED torches sold by Tesco. They will blow away any maglight.

i was looking at them btw, i believe this to be the actual one my mate got as a present

http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.203-8191.aspx

i cant remember if he said it was from tesco, aldi or liddl

if it is this one then it will also blow away most expensive ones even better than maglite, this little thing was incredible and it only had 1 led

Edited by Andy_1984

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

Andy, the one in your link is the mid sized version that takes two C cells. The small one only costs a tenner and is the same size as a mini maglite. They also do the big one with a massive 4W of output that is just the job for security proffesionals. The big one is the same size as a standard maglite.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

For walking home full of beer from the pub The small AAA torch would be fine,

I unlike Chesters dont mind the Mag light They a a standard security man tool and are a great leveler at a push (trust me on that), they do what they say on the box and what more could you want, For flood lighting a path or a room and cost is no issue a surefire is the way forward but bulb and battery life let them down, they are for illuminating tactical targets though so they arnt designed to be on all the time.

I agree FB, I have a 4 D cell version which I bought in 1980 from a gunshop, nobody else did them then. Still got it, a bit war scarred though. Believe it or not it cost me near 30 quid then. :o

BUT, the number of times that little beauty has got me out of a sticky situation made it worth it.

I had a bloke attack me on Southsea seafront many moons ago. he picked up a deckchair and holding it over his head ran at me with some lager fuelled warcry. The trusty maglite broke his collarbone clean in two. OH the happy days of life. ;)

These days the maglite is still in the drawer, (chickens don't attack me with deckchairs!) I use 4 LED 2xAA torches that I buy from a local supplier for £2.00 and they are ace. Have to put up with a green/blue light and shake them now and again to get them to work is all. :)

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Squint - Whack ! Happy days !

OI OI,

What is wrong with a decent head light ? Leaving both hands free.

BILL.........nemo mortalium omnibus horis sapit,

ENGLAND & ST GEORGE, C,MON

BRUMMIE IN EXSILE..........yo aint sin me roite

Christ, it's not very often I agree with Ken, but........ The Tesco torches are pretty good, especially for the price, I've got the C cell and the AA, the AA is great, much much better than a Maglite, and as it uses LEDs your batteries will last a lot lot longer.

Maglites aren't what they used to be, the rest of the flashlight world has moved on since Maglites glory days, but if it's a Maglite you want, get yourself down to TK Maxx and check out their range of LED Maglites, good for the prices TK ask, but still no where near the Tesco offerings.

I have a few AAA maglites and use them for fishing as I can hold it in my mouth when unhooking, yes I do have head lights but I'd rather use my maglite. I can test one out tomorrow to see what the beam range is but I find them fine for lighting the path on the way back to the car. The thing I like is the fact you can adjust the beam on them which is good when unhooking, baiting up etc.

Not tried the Tescos ones but I have learnt my lesson on buyer cheaper stuff :(

lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

• 3 years later...

just remembered this topic as i had to walk to the bank after 12am and slipped my dandy little "Techlite" into my pocket as it causes temporary blindness, a head ache if held in fist for a bit of extra "Thump", and possibly a seizure if its on strobe setting.

it has 1 single Cree LED and outputs 200 lumens, enough to shine to the top of my 21 story flat on full battery charge.

if your shopping around for a new torch forget standard led's and get one with cree leds.

only issue i have is battery drain on mines due to some sort of build quality with the tail switch, according to google.

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

Andy,

LED's seem to have come light years haven't they? I bought 4 complete flashlights (what the 'ell is a torch(?)) for my daughter to take to summer camp for $5.00. They are about 3 inches long and the size of a 55 ring cigar. They take one AA battery and it was included.

Phone