Wanna buy a mark????

Davy Holt

I have just caught on Dale, you must be the person that I heard about in Scotland, it was the clique reference, no names were mentioned just the MOB type of trick :D

The penny drops, ok so I am no good at puzzels or spelling.

I apologise for the reference to not answering a call for help, I was just so angry and it was one of the few things that I thought might make you sit up and think.

Alan

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree with you 100% salar, im a newbee to boat fishing this year and without a lot of help from locals and charter boats i would be lost as to where to fish, i found almost all were bursting to tell me where to catch this and that, i guess they felt knowledgable in letting me know and for that i was all ears!!

"Colonel Gadaffi, knows more about fishing than the whole of westminster put together"

Alex Salmond 2004 SNP Leader

"Forza Dons"

Thurso Angler.. you will find that most boat anglers, providing you speak to them first .. are quite happy to tell you how and where to fish... I've done it on loads of occasions in the past. It's the one's that don't ask or even speak to you yet expect to follow you about all day that are the ones that **** you off. On days like that I tend to mess about fishing the worst possible areas.

If they don't have the decency to ask why should I show them the marks that I've spent years finding??

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

maybe its because they have heard your reputation for unapproachability davy

i find most small boat anglers are happy to share info, there are one or two who jealously guard their marks because of the time and effort in findingthese areas, wrecks especially....not me though :D

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the center of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

WalkingPinhead.gif

Ian B.:

Originally posted by Lee...:

[qb] Its bad enuogh the likes of Dale poaching marks. but lets not hand information to the commercial sector

I agree 100% Ian, I have mentioned this before on here, yes we like to tell (brag ) to our mates about our catches but be a bit cautious about giving TOO much away :)

From what I have seen so far most of us would share our last sandwich with a fellow angler and feel good doing it but when it is stolen it is another matter.

Tight lines :)

Alan

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

Happy Dude:

maybe its because they have heard your reputation for unapproachability davy

Yup this is true.. just shows you though.. never believe half the crap you read on the net :):)

I know who first posted it, I dont know why though as he knows fine well that I was approachable enough when he wanted to learn about skate fishing. :confused:

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

Hitting MOB whilst passing another boat, well yes it does work sometimes, however you have to know how to fish the mark and when. I inherited a load of marks with my boat when I bought it, however there aren't enough days in the year to fish them all! Think about it, those of you with boats, how many wrecks are in range of your home port? How often have you fished them this year, or last year even when the weather was good all year? Some wrecks I know of that fish well I just didn't fish this year simply because I haven't had the time! Also, as more people know about different marks, the more they get spread around, and the less each different mark gets fished, and everyone is happy until the stocks build up to an extent where the commercial guys will target them.

Also, there are very few 'secret' marks these days, especially as the hydrographic office are properly surveying vast areas of our coastline at the moment. Anyone fishing in the english channel will pretty much always see someone else on the way to or from a mark, so it's only a matter of time before the numbers get out, but then who will have the time to fish 'your' secret mark when they have their own 'secret' marks to fish? The only true secret wrecks are the ones you simply drive over accidentally and see on the sounder, but the chances are that someone else knows of them anyway.

Like Fresh coffee? www.Bean14.com

And who has not had a fabulous, box-filling day on what you think is a brilliant mark, only to go back to it next week and blank. Is the location so important when the location/tide/weather/bait/depth/fish migration all affect whether its a good mark or not. The location is not the valuable bit, its all the other stuff that goes with it, and you'll get that from a good mate but not from a MOB button.

East Hampshire Boat Anglers www.boat-angling.co.uk

Dale, don't think you'll win 'How to win friends and influence people" award. :)

Though

quote:

buy any publication and your paying
If one were to say.....catch a halibut..should the area in question not be shared with its readership ? :)

I'm no boat angler but if say - I saw someone digging and they were getting white ragworm - if I started to dig beside the person should they feel agrieved?

[ 24. September 2004, 12:09 AM: Message edited by: KennyC ]