This is a great forum what's its history?

Snatcher

I'm a stalwart elsewhere, but I do enjoy the friendly, sensible and helpful stuff here ......

whatever; I go fishing, I share that with friends .....

lucky ain't we .....

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Snatcher, welcome and all you other new members of our AN family.

I started on here about 4 years ago (age 50 ish), my very first commputor (I call it a machine), I made so many foopahs you would wet yourself laughing, but thanks to a lot of help from Jaybee, Elton, Nick in the North just to mention a few I am still here :)

learn how to use the search facility (top right) and it will tell you how to post pics etc etc.

Thanks to this site I have been to Scotland with Davy Holt (173lbpb common skate + many more) Jersey for Bass and ended up with big Turbot, Charity fish in for Carp and the Macmillan Cancer Relief charity, Fly fishing with Norrie and made some good friends in his local pub. This year I am off up to Davy and Norrie again, 5 days in Wales with Chris P where I hope to meet up with Chris Goddard then off to Lymington for 2 days Bassing with 7 other AN regulars. This is just a very small part that AN has played in my life, there is more if you dig deep enough.

One of our regulars once posted (words to this effect) " the person that asks a question may feel embarrased for a few seconds but the person that does not ask the question will be ignorant for the rest of there lifes", so ask away

Click on the advertising banners if you have time, they help Elton in a small way to finance the site and also lead to some good bargains :)

Again, welcome.

Alan(nl) :)

[ 21. April 2004, 10:25 PM: Message edited by: Alan Taylor ]

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

Hiya, I know exactly what you mean, the friendliness etc of this site is something to "believe" I've met a few of the miscreants on here, and they're not that bad,and know a thing or two as well.Some of my mates (who aren't on the pc) have met them as well,more than once, and they count them as mates as well. :)

Elton, You are totally correct, I've made a couple or three really good mates on this site. And, see one or two fairly regularly, only coz, they know where the fish are. :D

Looking forward to the next few months..... :D :cool:

Hey, One day I might even get to meet.... YOU..... :D

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

Trust me, Norrie - I'm sadly disappointing.

Ask the wife :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Hiya mate!! Youmay not now but you soon will be!! We are all mates on here, just some are better mates than others:-))

Live long and bloody enjoy while you can!! This is not a drill, I said THIS IS NOT A DRILL ar ashley?! DON'T KNOW WHERE THAT CAME FROM?? really I don't!

Chris

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

16 replies in less than 3 hours,so how come fish stocks are under threat?

Cheers 4 the banter chaps and chapesses( I had saved it onto favourites Sarah )thats one of the few things I know how to do! Got an e-mail off one of the chaps on this forum who is a caravan neighbour so as a result we could be wetting a line or glass together. Your narf a friendly crew!

Speak to you anon

Crabs - you swine!

Snatcher :)

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

I take it the taxi driver joke is going down like Wolves!

Crabs you swine! Snatcher :)

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy