This is a great forum what's its history?

Snatcher

Hi fellow snatchers! Just happened to chance onto this site bout a week ago. Think I have picked up more tips,good advice etc during this time than I have in 45 years fishing for them.

Must explain I am fairly new to this surfing malarky and regularly fall off my surfboard. Like most people nowadays I have to use a computer at work but its more of a trained monkey approach/need to know approach and all internet usage at work is monitored. So my youngun - bless his big cotton socks! - kindly donated his old pc to ma and pa. I am not a techniphobe but old horse and new tricks spring to mind( I am 53 years young) Although he has a BSc in computing he is a bad trainer and does not like to repeat things. He does not take into account senility and a pickled scone! Got one good tip off him today "do not write in capitals dad cos its concidered as shouting". First I have heard of that but thats the older generation for you. But he has shown me how to do this :) luxury!

So if I am making a pigs ear of myself in public can you please inform me,I have thicker skin than some bailiffs! Long live the Forum

Tightus linus

ps what do you call an Egyptian taxidriver?

" tootncumoot "

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"What's its history?"

I got drunk one night and decided it'd be a good idea to start a site, sitting in a small bedroom.

Five years on, I've only had a couple of cans and I'm in an even smaller bedroom doing bits of work for it.

They call it progress :D

Glad to have you aboard.

Tight lines,

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Sorry should have mentioned about the comical slant applied to most of the articles. Have never laughed as much in all my life. In fact wor lass was shouting through the wall to shut up cos some important thing like corrie was on the box and my laughter was putting her off the show - tee hee!

If you want cheering up have a peek at "sea sickness" by WETMAN and "worlds strangest fishing techniques" by JOHN WALDMAN - but beware chaps, make sure you are wearing a nappy :)

Tightus linus

Snatcher

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Snatcher,

I was agreeing with you (and being honest).

Although, if I'm being totally honest, I am on can number 3 now....and it's Export :)

Dunno how the site evolved, really - it's had its ups and downs, but has generally been a good laugh for most and fairly light-hearted.

Some anglers don't like it for that very reason, but the internet is a big place and there's a dozem sites for us all out there.

What amazes me about the whole thing is how many genuine friendships have been built over the years. The sea fishing forum isn't so well populated as the coarse, but the guys in this one tend to like to meet up. I'm told that at least two of them even went fishing once, but that could be fiction :)

Tight lines,

Elton

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

Welcome Snatcher. As a newcomer myself I can honestly say what a great bunch of "guys" this lot are. I have discovered that the family of sea fishermen in general is a very welcoming one and this one in particular is always ready and willing to give what help and advice it can.

With regerd to you being new to the surfing game, take heart. We gave my Dad a computer for his 85th birthday. He is now almost 90 and still gets on the computer several times a week! By the way you beat me by 1 year, if I can do it anybody can!

Have fun with the surfing but make sure toy put this in your favourites!!

hi snatcher, i too am new to this surfing lark, and really enjoy the comments as well. every b@gger seems to know so much more than me though, about catching fish!you all seem like a friendly enough bunch, and i have picked up a lot of ideas for things to try.cheers!!

Having attended a few fish-ins, I can tell you that some of them do know a great deal and some of them don't.

The good news is that those who do know take great pleasure in showing those who don't :)

Welcome to all the newer folks.

From the sounds of things you are all fairly young so should be able to get the hang of this internet thing pretty quickly.

If you haven't already drifted into the other sections (especially coarse and non-fishing) then you really should.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Having attended a few fish-ins, I can tell you that some of them do know a great deal and some of them don't.

The good news is that those who do know take great pleasure in showing those who don't

I resemble that remark Elton.

I can`t help it if my angling expertise in the pub, is seperated from reality by a few hours kip and a thick head!!

Something which I`ll demonstrate on the 9th!

Paul. :P:P:P

We don`t use J`s anymore!!