Restrictions on photography

Si...

The UK Government are about to propose restrictions on photography, promoting the requirement of 'ID' cards to allow photographers to operate in a public place. This amounts to another restriction on the way we THINK and SEE.

It is a fundamental right of a UK citizen to use a camera in a public place, indeed there is no right to privacy when in a public place. These moves have developed from paranoia and only promote suspicion

towards genuine people following their hobby or profession.

There's a petition on the Downing Street website against the Government's proposals to restrict the use of photography in public areas. Sign this petition now......AND PLEASE PASS THIS ON! It affects us ALL! We cannot allow this to happen!

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Photography

Looking at it, it could stop you taking that trophy shot of a PB or something else, so I sure as hell have signed it and I suggest that everyone else does too, but saying that.....

I don't know whether this means an absolute ban on photography in public without a license, but this is another step in the UK's governments crusade to make this country suck even more. :yucky: :yucky: :yucky:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ferret1959

Are these petitions a waste of time?

I think so because all the ones I have signed along with 100's of 1000's are just brushed under the mat outside No 10.

The government do as and what they please.

Spose it's similar to a website forum where the admin and mods rule.;)

WTF? So they don't want anymore overseas tourists, people taking photos of landmarks, parents taking photos of their little darling taking part in a play, ANGLERS PHOTOGRAPHING THEIR CATCHES. If this goes on we need to start an impeachment thread!!! :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

Is there any info about the governments plans? Not that I (or others) can or have seen. This petition has been bandied about for quite some time

Quote, lifted from another site...

Quote from: xxxxx on February 16, 2007, 2:25 PM

There are a number of moves promoting the requirement of 'ID' cards to allow photographers to operate in a public place.

I've asked this on several forums and got no satisfactory answer...

Where can we see details or evidence of these so-called "Number of moves?" How many moves and who is proposing them?

Hyped up scare-mongering perhaps?

Anyone can start a petition for any reason on that site.

I think I'll go and start one against the "proposed" new ruling that says anyone between 5' 10" and 6'1" in height must wear blue trousers on Wednesdays, but only if brandishing a lettuce.

Steve...:)

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

No surprise there, all the old reds are still there in this appalling government they just had the good sense to hide it under a more acceptable public face & we took it all in hook line & sinker :wallbash:

As for the petition, I'll sign it, but tend to agree with Ferret this is most certainly not a peoples government.

Peter.

The loose lines gone..STRIKE.

Yea the reds are everywhere; Tony Blair is a well known Marxist and if a dog ***** in your garden its definitely his fault.

Edited by Tony U

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

A double edged sword, sign the petition and all your details are then placed on a goverment database.

Daft suggestions put out in petition format, if we ignore then maybe so be it. :g:

The question I'm asking is there a darker side to these on line petitions.

Will we need to register our E Mail Adrs', pay an annual TAX/Licence. Or our useage of E Mails will be restricted or banned if you don't pay the fee.

Remember free speech is only free if you pay for it. Any goverment doesn't like a totaly free speech society, if they can get away with it.

Today we have the choice, pay for your IP, then you can say what you like, to who ever you want too, wherever in the world. Maybe not China or other despot governed countries, but what is this goverments real aim. Thier past conduct doesn't give me great hope of freedom of anything, unless it's TAXED.

Just a Thought. :g:

Cheers 4 Now

John E

ANBanna.gif

Yea the reds are everywhere; Tony Blair is a well known Marxist and if a dog ***** in your garden its definitely his fault.

Not everywhere, just in the government, & if its his dog then its definately his fault. :rolleyes:

Peter.

The loose lines gone..STRIKE.

No surprise there, all the old reds are still there in this appalling government they just had the good sense to hide it under a more acceptable public face & we took it all in hook line & sinker :wallbash:

Really? Where are they then? I always thought this government was more right-wing than the Tories.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.