Raheem - it's not about the money, honest!

Puzzled

Genuinely wants to be holding a significant lump of silverware in the near future or just another very greedy young man?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32149613

Discuss!

Personally, it's clear that he (or more likely his agent) is attempting to engineer a big-money move to Spain.

Our chief weapon is surprise

Its easy to say its not about the money when you earn 2 times what some people make in 2 years in a single week!

Though dunno him, Probably not greedy.

£35,000 a week for kicking a bag of wind.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

£35,000 a week for kicking a bag of wind.

Not just any wind i heard it was a volatile mix of hitler and ghandi breath with a touch of edd balls breath so you can make it do a u turn in mid air

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

:clap3: I think it's more about principle and status than money. As the second highest goal scorer in the club, why is he offered only £100,000 a week when Rooney is paid £240,000 a week? He obviously feels he's being under valued. :clap3:

Dont forget though rooney pays tax on it :icecream:

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon

Dont forget though rooney pays tax on it :icecream:

Unfortunately the people with money are quit clever and not pay as much as mere mortals ,after all if you gave it away its not worth having it ,ask any hbs? Advisor

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Unlike most entertainers, a professional sportsman's earning life is short, and in the more violent contact sports, could be cut even shorter by a robust tackle.

Therefore it is quite understandable to go for the highest wage you can, whilst you still can.

....and that is aside from the desire to be part of a successful side, win trophies and play for your country.

"Loyalty" to a particular club may come at a cost - both in cash and in achievement.

• Like 1

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

And now a 50 million quid battle has begun with Chelsea and Man aunited to sign him. Then maybe he will get the wage that he wants.

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

And now a 50 million quid battle has begun with Chelsea and Man aunited to sign him. Then maybe he will get the wage that he wants.

That's what the boy's agent has very cleverly engineered and I believe he'll be in line for a cut of any transfer fee.

I know this is part and parcel of professional sport nowadays, but please what does my head in is the hypocrisy of the boy geniuses when they whine that it's not about the money.

Of course it is, what do you take us for? Just be up front and honest by making it quite clear that you're out for everything you can squeeze out of the game whilst you can.

Our chief weapon is surprise