Does Bob cox need to see a docter ?

glennk

What revenue will be gained from licences if it ever comes to fruition i doubht will ever be handed to anybody it will be swallowed up into the goverments big pot it all sounds like a good idea but if this idea ever materialized i would show my arse in woollys window.

Remind me not to take the kids by woolly's fer a bit................ just in case! :bigemo_harabe_net-193:

If I ever get the hang of it they'll bloody well ban it!

By the way anyone fancy sponsoring me in the WSOP?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wurzel it wouldnt aply to you most of the time as you mainly work to far out beyond the six mile limit.

He is only talking of buying them out by paying thier profit not their turn over.

Personly I think it a goer but whether it could be pulled of is anouther thing.

I think in Ireland anglers have paid off the salmon fishermen..

Please Please check this out!

http://www.justgiving.com/tacyedewick?ref=

Wurzel it wouldnt aply to you most of the time as you mainly work to far out beyond the six mile limit.

He is only talking of buying them out by paying thier profit not their turn over.

Personly I think it a goer but whether it could be pulled of is anouther thing.

I think in Ireland anglers have paid off the salmon fishermen..

Salmon drift net fishermen throughout the uk sold there liceces to the gentry so the the salmon rivers in scotland would end up with more and bigger salmon i am not sure just how many licences have been taken out but substantial amounts of money were paid for these licences at least 3 i know of in whitby were sold like this for many thousands of pounds for each licence but there is still some drift net fishemen left who probably enjoy there job each summer and it would probably take a lottery win for them to give up the job they love.

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

The thing is, licences are coming anyway, you can be sure of that. So what would you rather have for your money?

At the moment all we stand to gain in return for our money is restrictions, controls and management for the sake of it from DEFRA. There is no guarantee of more and bigger fish at the end of it because DEFRA don't know where they can get them from without placing restrictions on commercial fishing, something it seems they are afraid to do. So we'll end up paying a licence fee and having to fight tooth and nail for every little thing that might improve our sport or, if current trends are anything to go by, fighting for the very existance of our sport as we know it.

But if this buy out could happen, you know what you'd be getting at the end of it for your licence money. You'd be getting a 6 mile zone around our shores with no destructive commercial netting. This would have to result in more and bigger fish for the majority, if not all, of the country. Commercial fishermen would be able to carry on fishing for shellfish, some could go herring drifting, some could go hand lining for mackerel, etc. You could even have a few handline bass fishermen who would pay for a licence and carcass tags. Then of course anyone fishing outside the 6 miles could continue to do so. It wouldn't mean the end of commercial fishing in this country, it would just mean that things would change. If things stay as they are the British fishing industry will disappear up its own arse in time. This buy out could be the solution that protects what's left of the commercial sector and develops RSA at the same time.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

Big cod do you think a 6 mile exclusion zone would mean more fish on a local basis for us ?

If there was a 6 mile limit i am sure it would make a big difference especially in winter but glen i honestly think this is a non starter a lot of commercial fishemen make there living inside of 6 miles in winter and to pay them not to fish it would cost many millions of pounds and i think most wouldnt stand for it anyway they would feel they have had there right to fish taken away just as you have a right to fish on the beach a 6 mile limit would cause uproar go aback of 6 mile most winters and the local fleet would starve to death.

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

The thing is, licences are coming anyway, you can be sure of that. So what would you rather have for your money?

At the moment all we stand to gain in return for our money is restrictions, controls and management for the sake of it from DEFRA. There is no guarantee of more and bigger fish at the end of it because DEFRA don't know where they can get them from without placing restrictions on commercial fishing, something it seems they are afraid to do. So we'll end up paying a licence fee and having to fight tooth and nail for every little thing that might improve our sport or, if current trends are anything to go by, fighting for the very existance of our sport as we know it.

But if this buy out could happen, you know what you'd be getting at the end of it for your licence money. You'd be getting a 6 mile zone around our shores with no destructive commercial netting. This would have to result in more and bigger fish for the majority, if not all, of the country. Commercial fishermen would be able to carry on fishing for shellfish, some could go herring drifting, some could go hand lining for mackerel, etc. You could even have a few handline bass fishermen who would pay for a licence and carcass tags. Then of course anyone fishing outside the 6 miles could continue to do so. It wouldn't mean the end of commercial fishing in this country, it would just mean that things would change. If things stay as they are the British fishing industry will disappear up its own arse in time. This buy out could be the solution that protects what's left of the commercial sector and develops RSA at the same time.

Hello Steve

So you don't think commercial fishing has not had any restictions placed on it then?

For what reason should commercial fishing disapear up it's own arse?

It's a fantasy and I hope it stays a fantasy, bloody upity anglers again!

I fish to live and live to fish.

Hello Steve

So you don't think commercial fishing has not had any restictions placed on it then?

Hello Peter

None that have benefited angling.

For what reason should commercial fishing disapear up it's own arse?

If it keeps shrinking at the rate is has been for the last 20 years, it will. There are hardly any youngsters starting up as commercial fishermen.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

Wurzel,

Oh so anglers have just been up set for years over nothing! There are plenty of fish in the sea and anglers are catching the same from the beaches as they were 30 years ago! WAKE up mate, you commercials guys have stuffed our sport for us, stuffed thousands of jobs that supplied our sport. Now an angler comes up with an idea to pay you not to fish inside the six miles (where you dont fish anyway) and you call us ruddy UPERTY!

Well yes we are a tad UPERTY!

I hope some one pisses all over your stawberries Wurzel, then we will see who is uperty!

Please Please check this out!

http://www.justgiving.com/tacyedewick?ref=

Bob Cox has proposed that the monies raised from a licence fee be used to buy out the waters up to 6 mile and reserve them for sea anglers only.

What do people think of this proposal ? Is it good news or do you think Bob needs a consultation down his local GP's surgery ?

Hi Glennk

Good idea,

You can buy me out for £2,000,000, might just do it for that :thumbs:

steve