I do love Australia

corydoras

No vaccinations, no child care benefits. I love it.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/30171755/no-jab-no-pay-laws-pass-parliament/

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

I too - love the decision that is.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

I too - love the decision that is.

One way to stamp out scientific ignorance; punish it financially!

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

Interesting. I agree with pretty much all of what David Leyonhjelm has to say but while I'm very much pro vaccination, I'm not really comfortable about using it as a form of state blackmail.

As one of those childless taxpayers, I don't mind paying taxes to fund education, medical provision, sports facilities, libraries etc for other people's kids but I do resent actually paying them to have those kids through child benefits and tax credits and the like. It's interesting to see a mainstream politician who is prepared to osay that - even if it's one on the other side of the planet.

I believe that the French go even further on vaccinations and won't allow unvaccinated kids in school. How stupid is that? They're not a threat to kids that are vaccinated and it's kinda sick to deny someone an education just because their parents are idiots.

Of course, refusing state education to unvaccinated kids also opens the door to "community groups" who will be only too happy to step in and fill the educational void. Do you really want the firebrands at the local madreassa to have total control of the education of an entire generation? How exactly does that fit with an integrationist policy?

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Interesting. I agree with pretty much all of what David Leyonhjelm has to say but while I'm very much pro vaccination, I'm not really comfortable about using it as a form of state blackmail.

As one of those childless taxpayers, I don't mind paying taxes to fund education, medical provision, sports facilities, libraries etc for other people's kids but I do resent actually paying them to have those kids through child benefits and tax credits and the like. It's interesting to see a mainstream politician who is prepared to osay that - even if it's one on the other side of the planet.

I believe that the French go even further on vaccinations and won't allow unvaccinated kids in school. How stupid is that? They're not a threat to kids that are vaccinated and it's kinda sick to deny someone an education just because their parents are idiots.

Of course, refusing state education to unvaccinated kids also opens the door to "community groups" who will be only too happy to step in and fill the educational void. Do you really want the firebrands at the local madreassa to have total control of the education of an entire generation? How exactly does that fit with an integrationist policy?

Once again you make a post showing your total ignorance of France. NO school in France will accept unvaccinated children. It does not matter if its a public school or a private school.

Have you never heard of Community Immunity Ken?

Edited by corydoras

Go to bed Cory. I said that "the French go even further on vaccinations and won't allow unvaccinated kids in school" and apparently I am showing my total ignorance of France because "NO school in France will accept unvaccinated children".

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

That's right NO School. Not a public school, nor any fee paying school. In France a "madrassa" woluld have to be a fee paying school.

They have this thing called Laïcité in France.

I can see the merit in excluding unvaccinated children (who could be vaccinated) from school on the grounds that (1) there may be unvaccinated children there who cannot be vaccinated, (2) schools are a very good transmission mechanism for disease, it's usually someone whose kid caught it at school who brings the flu into the office, so bringing the unvaccinated kids together in groups is likely to facilitate spread and (3) it's an effective lever in persuading parents to vaccinate which doesn't depend for its efficacy on the parents being too poor to do without benefits.

I can see the merit in excluding unvaccinated children (who could be vaccinated) from school on the grounds that (1) there may be unvaccinated children there who cannot be vaccinated, (2) schools are a very good transmission mechanism for disease, it's usually someone whose kid caught it at school who brings the flu into the office, so bringing the unvaccinated kids together in groups is likely to facilitate spread and (3) it's an effective lever in persuading parents to vaccinate which doesn't depend for its efficacy on the parents being too poor to do without benefits.

But isn't it true that a child/person who has been vaccinated, could still be a carrier of the disease, and still infect those who couldn't be vaccinated because of medical reasons?

I also wonder what the outcome would be if a child died because of some unforeseen reaction to a state enforced vaccination. Would the state be responsible for the death, and therefore liable for prosecution?

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

But isn't it true that a child/person who has been vaccinated, could still be a carrier of the disease, and still infect those who couldn't be vaccinated because of medical reasons?

Generally speaking, no. If you are immune, you will not be infected and cannot transmit the disease.