5 replies to this topic

#1 The Flying Tench

The Flying Tench

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,264 posts
  • Interests:general coarse fishing

Posted 04 February 2019 - 08:44 PM

Has anyone any experience of doing this? is Amazon the best? If so, I can't seem to work out how to do it. I get various codes phoned through from that I have to quote, but I can't work out what you click to actually sell a book. All help appreciated.

john clarke

#2 chesters1

chesters1

AN Resident Contrarian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,738 posts
  • Interests:fishing,fossils,researching intrepid reels and general being naughty

Posted 04 February 2019 - 09:29 PM

I sold some on ebay but its a perilous route
Make sure you examine every page for defects and list them ,note any defects on the cover and sheet and list them .
Buyers will pounce on anything to get it for nothing
Thirdly box it up with plenty of cushioning especially the corners and pray it gets delivered in one piece
Fourthly run of the mill books are just not worth the effort only collectors items can be worth it and colectors want the best

Fithly books rarely are worth what you think ,i have sold both the book of the perch and the fighting barbel and got far less than top end ,honesty costs money in such things you just hope 2 people fight for it !

Edited by chesters1, 04 February 2019 - 09:32 PM.

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness  it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

#3 Martin56

Martin56

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, Horse Racing, Guitar.

Posted 04 February 2019 - 10:14 PM

You might want to consider passing them on to a charity shop & have the satisfaction that you've had the pleasure of owning & reading the books and that it's time to let them go to a good cause??

Better that, than to let them go for nix to the "Not as Described Brigade"  Chesters mentioned!!

A 2nd hand book shop might give you a small few quid for some of the better ones. But is it worth your Petrol??

Edited by Martin56, 04 February 2019 - 10:25 PM.

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

#4 Chris Plumb

Chris Plumb

• Anglers' Net Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,479 posts
  • Interests:Err ... Fishing, Footie, and more Fishing

Posted 05 February 2019 - 07:16 PM

What are you selling?

"Study to be quiet."   ><((º>   My Blog

#5 The Flying Tench

The Flying Tench

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,264 posts
  • Interests:general coarse fishing

Posted 06 February 2019 - 12:42 PM

The first would be a monograph on near death experiences with RRP of £100, plus maybe some bible commentaries! Not the sort of stuff charity shops want, I fear. I may also decide to take leave of a few angling books, but if so I'll post a list on A.N.

John

john clarke

#6 corydoras

corydoras

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,830 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 05:12 AM

The first would be a monograph on near death experiences with RRP of £100, plus maybe some bible commentaries! Not the sort of stuff charity shops want, I fear. I may also decide to take leave of a few angling books, but if so I'll post a list on A.N.

John

Out-of-Body and Near-Death Experiences: Brain-State Phenomena Or Glimpses of Immortality?

Bible commentaries?

Edited by corydoras, 15 February 2019 - 05:19 AM.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote