O2 Broadband....any good?

mr motorola

I can also add my recomendations for O2, great speed of broadband and competetive price, and as mentioned above good customer service!

The recently won an award for best broadband provider.

Simon

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh and i forgot to mention something else. It is only £7.50 per month AND the you get a nice free wireless router.

Good job too as my ageing original ADSL1 router needed replaced with an ADSL2 compliant one.

Paul.

There's no such thing as a bad days fishing..

Orange had the cheek to demand my wireless Livebox back.

Told them that I want that ****, 'Derek' from Mumbai, to collect it personally!

God, you've got me started now. :lol:

When they first started, a mate of mine (who also posts on here) told me all about the nightmare he'd had with Orange.

That very same week, a young, pretty blonde girl rang my doorbell, trying to sell Orange broadband.

Have you ever had to tell a young blonde girl that you're not interested in what she has to offer? I sulked for a week!

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• 4 weeks later...

Well , the best things come to those who wait i suppose...................

After a week or so , i am now officially swapped over to O2 .

My 1st impressions of their service look rather good too. The speed has definately gone through the roof , that's for sure!!! (19 MEG) and that's what i'm getting too. All for £7.34 a month so i'm not going to grumble. The changeover has been pain-free , with O2 sending me confirmation messages along EVERY step of the way.

It has been a long and drawn out affair with BT but , as i have said in a previous post , i think it has run it's course.

It does strike me as odd that the giant BT can charge such a large monthly tarriff for a service which , i see now , as a little out-dated compared to a supercharged new provider like O2.

If O2 can charge me £7.34 and still make a bit of money , it makes you wonder how much BT were making on a lesser service for £22.99 a month.............hhhhhhhhmmmmmmm

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

any problems will come if you retain your bt line ,both parties will swear blind its the others fault if it goes tits up ;)

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

any problems will come if you retain your bt line ,both parties will swear blind its the others fault if it goes tits up ;)
That's always a risk. I used to work for a company that had scores of ADSL connections for its home workers and small remote sites. Our ISP was Telstra (The Australian BT), but the lines were BT. If we ever had a problem we always used to phone Telstra first, rather than BT. It was seldom Telstra who were at fault, but they had excellent techies (who all sounded like Crocodile Dundee) who would tell you to go and tell BT that x or y or z was wrong with the line. I remember on chap saying, "If BT give you any sh1t, here's my direct number, f@cking send them to me mate" Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

That's always a risk. I used to work for a company that had scores of ADSL connections for its home workers and small remote sites. Our ISP was Telstra (The Australian BT), but the lines were BT. If we ever had a problem we always used to phone Telstra first, rather than BT. It was seldom Telstra who were at fault, but they had excellent techies (who all sounded like Crocodile Dundee) who would tell you to go and tell BT that x or y or z was wrong with the line. I remember on chap saying, "If BT give you any sh1t, here's my direct number, f@cking send them to me mate"

:bigemo_harabe_net-163: :bigemo_harabe_net-163: :bigemo_harabe_net-163:

I can't really imagine anyone from O2 saying that over here though cory, would make a pleasant change though !

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"

• 3 weeks later...

I seem to have a problem with BT. Here is my problem..........

I had a dispute with BT (my previous BB supplier) always disconnecting and so on , anyway after a couple of phonecalls and emails to them , they gave in and half-ar5edly accepted that it was their fault and gave me my MAC code and on the same email a confirmation that there would be NO CANCELLATION CHARGES . Seeing as my contract with them wasn't supposed to run out until september 09 i was rather pleased with it.

I use outlook express for my main email client , receiving everything. Right , to cut a long story short , the email containing the MAC code and the no cancellation charge was in outlook express and i've since had my laptop formatted. There is my bt/yahoo account which (as far as i know) holds the emails too , but , when i came to look in it the other day it has been wiped clean of every single email...inbox/outbox / sent you name it.

I have received my phonebill which also carried my broadband charges and it is asking for 175.34 in broadband cancellation charges.

I rung BT billing and they said that there is no note or email on their system being sent to me with such wording on it , in fact they say that the last email sent to me was july 08. Rather strange as i received my MAC code around the 5th December 08.

I did feel like i was trying it on a bit on the phone , being asked if i had my dates correct , "i have to have my bloody dates correct , how else could i change my BB supplier without a MAC code from yourselves??"

I was told by an advisor that she would investigate it and ring me back straight away , within the hour............that was on Wednesday 28th (3 days ago).

So , BT are asking and will soon be demanding the cancellation charge and i have no email to prove them otherwise.

I know i know i know i know i should have made a copy of the bloody email but always thought AND DID have a back up of it on bt/yahoo.

Would any of you guys have any idea how to start wth this mess.??

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009