What Fishing Item Did You Last Buy?

Elton

nah ,can't do that elton ,or i'd have to give you my new (well new to me) camera

d9fe_1.JPG

it cost me a arm & a leg as it was ,and if i sent it too you i wouldn't have a leg too stand on ......its all win win for some hay elton

umm i could go for it though if the next to post is bragging about a chris lythe centrepin

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I'll steam her into Wantage harbour sometime in March. ;)

That's very kind of you Emma. I'll dig out some bunting and persuade The Vale of White Horse DC to build me a small harbour.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Does the Angling Times (today) count? :-)

I've been buying a lot of new kit recently in preparation for when I'll have time to start fishing again after a break of around 10-12 years. I keep telling myself only 2 months to go; getting very jealous at everyone's stories and pictures from recent sessions!! I guess the last thing I bought would either be a Shakespeare match set (rod bag, holdall, stink bag and reel case), Landing net pole and swimfeeder selection online from Bennetts of Sheffield (all one order) or the new Daiwa reel my wife bought me for my birthday the other week. Possibly not the most exciting purchase in the fishing world and definitely not the top of the range kit, but all the same some good deals!

Rob

http://www.anglingwiki.com

Angling Wiki - the free online fishing encyclopaedia!

Two reasons for this thread:

1. It might be quite interesting

2. I want those of you who buy from Ebay to learn to post AN friendly links!

Whenever they interview someone in Angler's Mail, they ask what they last caught and what they last bought. I always seem to read this bit first and thought the 'bought' bit might be of interest....

So, this is what I've just ordered:

Peacock Handwarmer - I only ordered this last night, so I can't give any opinion on it yet, but I was encouraged by the amount of other people who'd plumped for the same product (just log into Ebay and look at the 'Purchases'!).

I've never owned one of the reusable handwarmers before, but do love my disposable ones. I suppose the only thing is, if this one's any good, I'm going to want another one!

So, what did you last buy that is (remotely) fishing related?

£20 worth of old cane rods, gaffs and yukky old rod holdalls at an auction 'cos I saw a Walker Bampton salmon fly rod amongst the broken bits.

Got it home and inspected the salmon rod closely....bugger, a big split in the middle section!

I went through the rest of the stuff and found a Mitchell 300 attached to half a fibreglass spinning rod (well worth the £20 then) and then a Hardy fly rod, three Aspindale salmon/pike rods and, wait for it........ a mucky old three piece rod which when cleaned up turned out to be a 1936 Allcock's super wizard with the original green spiral "The Wallis Wizard" transfer!

Oh what a happy bunny, can't wait to go chubbing on the Teme with that in the summer!

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Three ABU Cardinal C5s from various places to replace the ones that I sold a couple of years or so ago and have regretted doing so ever since and a LED lenser headlight which is a great bit of kit with option for red or white light with a dimmer control following a review I read on the forum. Next on the list is a couple of ABU Cardinal C3s although I may have to look overseas for them as I do not think that they were released in the UK.