Elton, Norrie bought a boat!!!!!!!

Guest NickInTheNorth

Drummore AC boys will charge you a fiver to put you in and pull you out with thier tractor.

I'm sure Snatcher will be able use his influence to persuade Freddie to give you a free one, for your first trip out of Drummore.

I'd really like to get over meself and join you, might be able to if we get a settled forecast. We were fishing a wreck today and were halfway there, thought about lunch in the Ship!!

Don't be afraid of changing the boats name at all Norrie I always have, kept the same name on all the boats I've had.

I'll be over in Drummore for the first three weeks in August Norrie, if you fancy coming down mail me nearer the time and maybe we can go out as an armada and show you a few marks.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Norrie at the caravan this weekend coming so will try and sort a tractor launch from Drummore harbour for the Saturday and Sunday.

Will also check with the caravan site owner Martin about parking up your boat on the Sat night.

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

all the best glasgowdan

if cairn pier remains closed you could always use your boat :D

Andrew

member of Save our Sharks

SOS

SACN member

it's the taking part that counts!

@==---¬--¬--¬------<(')))>< angling classics

Nice looking boat,well done

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Glasgow Dan, Lovely looking boat mate....where are the registration numbers from ?? Mine still has the Dutch Numbers on her......hope you get to Drummore in June.... :D

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

Hiya, I was going to take mine to Loch Lomond to try it out..my mate did the homework on launching there,into Balloch, cross the bridge over the river Leven, turn left,down to the marina/yard and go to the office to pay, think its about a fiver a time to launch and retreive.... :D hope this helps. Or if not, Loch Tay or the Earn....bit of a drive tho'...

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

well thats the boat parked up safely in frasers driveway, seems a bit on the heavy side for my car but it still managed fine for the 40 miles from glasgow to ayr. i want to use a rope launch method rather than purely driven, and also want to be able to spend some time getitng used to the boat, the switches, the lights, the engine, petrol consumption, handling, launch etc, so i think ill head up that way and give it a try. I need to move the axle though as its not front heavy at all...

Glasgowdan:

I need to move the axle though as its not front heavy at all...

Probably a stupid question here so excuse me in advance. What do you have in the back of the boat besides the motor when you are on the road?

I used to have to put the fuel tanks etc etc in the bow of the boat for trailing just to keep a decent balance (not Norries boat by the way).

How much heavy gear do you have in the boot of the car as opposed to on the back seat or roof rack? Again just thinking about balance before resorting to moving the axle.

It was just a thought.

It seems like a very safe idea for you and Norrie to team up with your trial runs and a lot easier to learn with help at hand just in case.

Good luck and happy boating :)

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/