Elton, Norrie bought a boat!!!!!!!

Guest NickInTheNorth

i used to have a 21ft speed boat with a 250hp v6 outboard (i think) and she would do 70mph probably more but thats all i ever had her up to and that was for a millesecond on a glass calm day, it felt like i was doing 700mph!!!

"Colonel Gadaffi, knows more about fishing than the whole of westminster put together"

Alex Salmond 2004 SNP Leader

"Forza Dons"

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 knotts feels fast on water, if you took someone who had never been on a boat and went 10 knotts, then asked them how fast they thought you were going, they would proberbly say around 40 mph.,.,

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

Sam, Et all, 55 mph in a 30 ton lorry feels like you have a rocket up yer backside, try it one day....you might like it..I know, cos I drive them.....the boat goes like **** off a shovel....I do know what speed is like,....I'm not some young idiot you know.. ....an old one mibbes... :D so, I take it GPS aint that good anymore....pity that,will have to let the RAF know about that one....and there was me going to buy a new one too..mibbes I'll just use the Route Finder on me laptop.. :rolleyes: ..Mibbes some of you should get a new Boat/Engine..as they say...if yer no fast....yer last....A Wee Postscript, why is everyone comparing this boat to 21 footers,19footers....they dont compare at all...this is a VERY light 15 foot boat with a VERY small cuddy...that is VERY aerodynamic...in fact, when I towed it down from Mallaig, I almost forgot it was attached to my 300 mph 48 valve 6 litre Vectra....which btw is only about 12 foot long....

Seeya..... :D:D:D

[ 13. June 2005, 10:39 PM: Message edited by: Norrie ]

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

my mate has a brand new Explorer Elite with a 4 stroke 60hp merc it does 28 knotts flat out, there is now way your boat does 70 knotts mate, sorry if my disbeliveing you offends but ive been on hundreds of boats and the maths of your boat dont add up to 70 knotts by a long way, dont wont a raw hear, just aint having it im afraid .

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Sam...Try and Learn to read mate....who said 70 knots.......no-one on here said that at all......btw, no offence taken...been here too long to get wound up by numptys.... :D

Theocritis..

sam-cox:

ive been on hundreds of boats and the maths of your boat dont add up to 70 knotts .

Are you sure you have been on HUNDREDS of boats Sam....Canny believe that ...sorry mate.....AND...what ARE the Maths that Dont add up ??? Out of interest......just curious you know :rolleyes:

Will have to dash...got a load of Whinn to take to the Moon tomorrow morning.... :D Infinite ...and beyond.....

[ 13. June 2005, 10:52 PM: Message edited by: Norrie ]

Theocritis..

sorry my mistake Norrie i just read over the post again you said 47 knots i appollagise for the 70 knott mistake on my behalf., I still think 47 knotts is bit to fast, i know of a boat the same as yours with a 55hp she does 22 knotts. i would of thought around 35 knotts empty.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

NickInTheNorth:

let me know which weekend and you can guarantee it :D:D:D

Only as I HATE all things disney I might have to relent and stay home baking.

Couple for me as well please Nick (if you don't mind) :D probably be there about the same time as Paul

"To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, and call whatever you hit the target."

Did you look at the maximum recorded speed on the GPS? That is the wrong way to do it, mine regularly shows speeds over 50knots, which is about 20 more than my boat will do. When your GPS loses signal and accuracy then suddenly regains it, it will think you've moved a long distance in a short time, hence the ridiculous speeds. You have to look at the speed as you're doing it, it should remain virtually the same over a few seconds, ie. if your GPS updates the speed every second I'd expect to see something like 28.2,27,27.8,29,28.9,28.9. How many channels can your GPS aquire? If it's less than 12 channels then the chances of you losing accuracy are relatively high. I have mine (12 channel) set to show a 'circle of accuracy' with an alarm that goes off if it's more than 130ft. I get the alarm coming up regularly as the satellites move round and I can't get a good signal off many of them.

Like Fresh coffee? www.Bean14.com

Guest NickInTheNorth

The speed is a second by second type of read out, not a maximum speed reached.

I am sure that Norrie doesn't really give a fig for who believes the speed, and who doesn't.

There are 3 people posting on AN that have been out on this boat, me, Norrie and Alan Taylor , and I think you will find that all three will tell you the same story regarding the speed.

It is a very light very fast boat. The wetted part of the boat when planing is very small, and it simply flies.

You can argue all you like about the GPS speed, it took me 11 seconds over 7 minutes to cover 5.5 miles. I would guess that the best part of 5 miles where flat out. Anyone that wishes to work out the speed based on that information is welcome to do so.