Head lights

The Flying Tench

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have used many headlights and until recently, my old fashioned twist to turn on, with conventional bulb was my favourite.

I have tried many of the led types but most seem to have several functions varying from red, flashing red, 3 leds, 1 led etc. To choose wich you want you have to press on button several times to get to option you require. This drives me mad.

Then I found LEDLENSER. They make high quality torches for industry etc. The local snap on tool salesman sold me one of their handtorches a while ago. Its even better than the old maglites that were very good.

They do a selection of headtorches. The one I bought is absolutely superb. The best I have ever had, and I use it a lot.

They are light with battery pack at back which gives better weight distribution. They have a good focusing system that allows wide beam or spot. They have one large led that is very bright but the best point of all is that on the model I chose it has a lever on top of battery pack that enables you to dim it down to almost nothing.

I have never seen this before. It is so good because you do not blind yourself and loose nightvision. I generally dim it down all the time unless casting to snag or landing a big fish in which case it is so easy to turn up power. The general problem for blinding yourself is when turning light on. It shows bright on your hand and hits your eyes. With this turned down you have no such problem.

I have had the other sorts for presents and they stay with me for back up as does a wind up torch. You can never be to carefull when out at night near water.

I am no good at posting links to websites but I just searched led lenser and found their site easily. If you are serious about nightfishing I would seriously recommend looking.

regards

john

Well done with link.

The the head fire revolution focusing bottom left has the focusing lever under the light.

This I find very usefull as you can have wide beam through to spot.

They do not show battery pack on picture but it has the same one as head fire revolution top right and several others. You can see a small lever on top of battery pack. This is the brightness control.

The bottom left is the one I have.

The small button on top is the on off button and is a bit difficult with gloves on. Having said that it never gets accidentally turned on in bag so that when you get fishing you find battery flat.

regards

John

There are a few Ledlenser lights on Ebay. Click here to view them.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• 1 year later...

Thought I'd get this thread going again as at this time of year others might be thinking about buying a head torch. I am and I've narrowed it down to these two;

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CYBA-LITE-NIGHT-VISI...=item3f0471cf3e

Small, light and with the red option without having to cycle through white first

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Much bigger, with green/red options again without going through white light. This one has a focus option on the white light whereas the other doesn't, would this be useful? They're both the same price, the larger one has more features but would this compromise the lighting up ability? All I want is red or white light and I quite like the simplicity of the smaller one.

Any advice would be appreciated.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Just to emphasise the night vision points it takes about 20-30 min to get properly adjusted to night vision and white light ruins it pretty much instantly. Red and green filters are there to preserve your night vision.

Its also possible to get LED bulbs that replace normal bulbs as well if anyones interested in putting LEDs into standard torches although i cant remember how many MCD = 1 watt

To be honest if you have a headband then a £5 halfords rear bike light will be just as good

Thought I'd get this thread going again as at this time of year others might be thinking about buying a head torch. I am and I've narrowed it down to these two;

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CYBA-LITE-NIGHT-VISI...=item3f0471cf3e

Small, light and with the red option without having to cycle through white first

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Much bigger, with green/red options again without going through white light. This one has a focus option on the white light whereas the other doesn't, would this be useful? They're both the same price, the larger one has more features but would this compromise the lighting up ability? All I want is red or white light and I quite like the simplicity of the smaller one.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Rusty i had 2 of these and found them to work fine and easy on the battery's to

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ENERGIZER-ADVANCED-H...=item5195d5fefd

i say had 2 coz a trod on one clearing out the tackle shed earlier and it is now considerably more bits than before and Robbie ate the other one last week as he eats anything left around well not eat as such just munch into a million bits and leave them on the floor as a guess what this was dad competition :wallbash: so i need another now .

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Thanks guys/girls you have saved me a search

From a spark a fire will flare up

English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God