Out of control??

Colin Brett

A new sport looms :D

[ 02. June 2005, 02:00 PM: Message edited by: Elton ]

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

OOH!

Been there and got the Tshirt! :D

But I only had to travel to Swansea to accomplish the feat. We were out whiting fishing, when we noticed a seal some hundred yds away. Each time it dived, it surfaced a tad nearer the boat. We all knew what was coming, the sod would attack one of our catches. In due course it happened to me! One minute a whiting was heading towards the boat. Next, it screamed away for a few seconds before I retrieved just the head.

8 or so years ago, there was a one eyed seal, nicknamed `Nelson`, who enjoyed the same game at Looe.

I know its a rare occurence, but not unheard of.

We don`t use J`s anymore!!

Guest STAN

ive had one bite a 5lb cod off behind the head from the rocks, this one was a common thief well known by local anglers.

it stole a few from me in the past when it hit it nearly takes the rod from your hands

A good friend had one pick up a dead-bait whilst he was piking. He played it to the shore thinking he had a massive catfish!! It was one very, very angry seal but they did cut the hooks out, eventually.

We get greys come up onto the Norfolk Broads quite often.

We are having an increasing problems with seals. They sit under the boat waiting for an angler to catch a Pollack. They then head for shore and throw it up in the air to show how clever they are, then bite it clean just before the hook so the angler ends up with just a pair of lips. Its funny the first time but soon pxxsses you off after the 10th time in a day. There are certain marks we cannot fish now when they are about.

www.ssacn.org

www.tagsharks.com

www.onyermarks.co.uk