Anglersnet.boat trip. `04

spasor

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ferret1959:

I must warn you I'm a sea fishing novice...

Dammit!! Ferret, that means your going to out fish us all then mate

Beachcasters are a tad long for boat fishing. Ron Thompson do a 20-30lb rod and reel combo (see in angling mags) at a reasonable price, but if you can't get hold of one let me know and I'll sort something out (which maybe best as you don't want to be laying out money just to find you have an aversion to boats).

30lb braid is preferred over monofilament - seems expensive but lasts far longer, is a thinner diameter and has no streach - So you can feel a hell of a lot more. I tend to have a weak link below the braid usually the snood unless Congering.

Not sure what we are going to be targeting but end-tackle wise. a simple running ledger set up with a boom should be all you need. Not checked the tides 4-9oz leads depending on the tides.

If you have any questions then feel free to post again.

Ferret.

The skipper can provide all the tackle you need. He just needs to know how many rods he has to supply?

Be warned, we might do a tad of Black Bream fishing. The Big `uns tend to go berserk!!

:P Paul. :P

We don`t use J`s anymore!!

Guest Ferret1959

I know this maybe a bit of a dart question be do we have a catch and release sceam(sp).

I know deep caught fish may suffer with air bladders ruptering but whats the score?

I'm happy either way.

Hi Ferret

It's down to the individual mate. PBA licence says "Sport not Profit" and selling ones catch is illegal without a commercial fishing licence for fish caught from a power driven boat. Keeping for the table is a matter for you. I hope that the 2lb Bream that I caught and released last year is now a whopping 4lb Bream this year. First ever, and I was impressed :D

And Spasor is right they really do kick your arms out of your sockets! Hopefully there should be some Conger and Huss around, along with the usual suspects.

Can’t knock anyone who chooses to keep a few good fish for the table given the outlay we spend and far better to take those than commercially fished stock, in a way. But also feel free to return what you catch if that is your wish.

Certain fish do suffer when brought up from the depths. However, a slow retrieve can help alleviate this. Problem is too many folk get a fish on and try to get it up as quickly as possible which results in the fish suffering the “bends”, big style. To which I’m no exception at times. Although not quite sure yet what we will be doing. So many variables that have to be read closer to the time. Best thing to always do is ring the skipper a day or two before.

I think yer gonna enjoy yerself.

Will you be meeting us prior in the Sailors Return?

Hembo, I presume you shall be over to partake in the Mistress?

[ 21. December 2003, 03:14 AM: Message edited by: SandTiger ]