Prince Harry

five bellies

I think what it comes down to is the fact that offence is something that is taken, not given.

I've got no hair and I've been called all sorts, it doesn't bother me in the least. If I was meeting someone I don't know I'd say look for the fat bald bloke. If I was meeting them in Lagos I'd say look for the bald white bloke!

Some people seem to take offence to ridiculous extremes. Black African footballers seem to be the worst. They will get upset just because people don't show them enough "respect", though how this respect should be shown and how it has been earned is quite beyond me!

I feel sorry for Prince Harry. He's probably had less sex than any male member of the royal family in 500 years. That's bound to get to you!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think what it comes down to is the fact that offence is something that is taken, not given.

I've got no hair and I've been called all sorts, it doesn't bother me in the least. If I was meeting someone I don't know I'd say look for the fat bald bloke. If I was meeting them in Lagos I'd say look for the bald white bloke!

Some people seem to take offence to ridiculous extremes. Black African footballers seem to be the worst. They will get upset just because people don't show them enough "respect", though how this respect should be shown and how it has been earned is quite beyond me!

I feel sorry for Prince Harry. He's probably had less sex than any male member of the royal family in 500 years. That's bound to get to you!

I'm not sure about that. If I were do call you a 'sasenach' Colin, then whether you took offence or not, my intent would be to offend.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

it just means lowlander (or englishman) as far as i know ,highlanders also call lowland scots the same :D

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Am I no longer able to call Newt 'my Yanky friend'?
I don't know where Newt was born, but he lives in NC which was a Confedarate State. He may well take offence at being called a Yanky. I saw a bloke get chinned in a bar in Savannah, Georgia because he called someone a 'Yank'.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

i think the word yank was about all americans and in a discriminatory way mostly in ww2 ,whilst our lot were out fighting talk (no doupt true) of women folk back home doing anything for chocolate or stockings provided by yanks was legend ,hence i think the joke about bras and americans and "one yank and its off"

they were given (the soldiers) a little book explaining amoungst other things that high wages (compared to uk soldiers) chocolate and gum were not to be used to pull women as it was an unfair advantage :D

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I'm not sure about that. If I were do call you a 'sasenach' Colin, then whether you took offence or not, my intent would be to offend.

And when the footballer shoots his intent is to score. It doesn't mean he will, whether I "respect" him or not!

I once jokingly called a guy at work a Philistine for putting the tea in his cup before the milk. He took great offence because of his deeply held religious beliefs, although he couldn't actually explain WHY being called a Philistine should be offensive to a devout Christian. So I called him a prick.

And when the footballer shoots his intent is to score. It doesn't mean he will, whether I "respect" him or not!

I once jokingly called a guy at work a Philistine for putting the tea in his cup before the milk. He took great offence because of his deeply held religious beliefs, although he couldn't actually explain WHY being called a Philistine should be offensive to a devout Christian. So I called him a prick.

That wasn't offensive Colin, just a stating a fact.

:bigemo_harabe_net-163: :bigemo_harabe_net-163:

Brilliant :lol:

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

"once jokingly called a guy at work a Philistine for putting the tea in his cup before the milk. He took great offence because of his deeply held religious beliefs, although he couldn't actually explain WHY being called a Philistine should be offensive to a devout Christian. So I called him a prick."

Doesn't that just sum up the whole situation? say anything you like provided you have a smile on your face when you say it :)

Thanks Colin, I had a real chuckle at that :)

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

I agree with all the postings about SA to clear up - Afrikaans speaking are called Jaapies, English speaking are called Rooineks (red necks).

They both don't like being called Boers (which means Farmer in afrikaans) as they are held in high esteem in that country!

I also agree that if a pakistani calls another a paki, no problem - if a white person says it, it "gives offence"!!!!

My personal thoughts on this situation is that the people who started this whole fiasco should put their money where their mouth is and ban ALL the nicknames - and see how long they last!!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription