Prince Harry

five bellies

South Africans hate being called Yarpie Bastards more than they dislike being called a Boer.

And there's me thinking it was "hairybacks" that was the appropriate term if you wanted to deliberatly upset South Africans of Dutch decent - that at least is what I was told by a South African of British heritage.

Still haven't worked out what to call a collegue who is a portugese South African though....

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't been really interested purely because it is a young lad having a bit of banter, if it was you or me no one would bat an eyelid.

However I am interested in how people see the word Paki.

We have a local village store and when the vast majority of people are referring to it and I quote "I'm off down the Paki's" nothing racist about it purely and simply stating where they are going.

Strangely the gentleman and his family are not from Pakistan, they are Sikh Indians who go by the family name of Dell, so another element who are slightly wiser than the first refer to the shop and I quote "I'm off down Dell boys"

My family refer to him as Mr. Dell.

Now the strange thing is the shop does not have a name "I'm off down Mr. Dell's"

None of the above are being racist.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

I wonder who sold the video to the press in the first place. It really makes my blood boil with all those two boys have been through. Yes I know they have to be seen and not heard, more so with William as future King but for goodness sake give Harry a break!!!!!!!!!

I wonder how it must feel to have had your mother taken from you in the way theirs was, documentries on if their father or grandfather had ordered her to be killed. Knowing their stepmother was the cause of thier parents spiltting up and all the publicity surrounding their lives.

The fact Harry DID manage to get out to Afganistan, ok he had to have gurkhas with him but if he saw what Matthew's mate is seeing now, trust me it was no holiday for him.

All this boils down to is the press trying to money out of selling papers! They are the only ones that are giving him a bad name. As someone said on the news tonight, if anyone else had said it we would never have heard anything of it. Oh, and as for the nazi suit I don't remember to many carrying on about when Freddie Starr wore his!!!!!

He must wonder who is friends are!

lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

When my father was in the RAF, he was Paddy, his best man was called Taffy, another was Jock. I think PC has gone too far by times.

This has nothing to with political Correctness Greg, Paki is a racist slur, To use the term is unaceptable, Have I used It yes!and when I have it was to demean the person I was adressing, I am older and wiser now and ashamed to have used the term, Harry was talking about a mate on a supposed personal vidio diary,I belive the term was used in a freindly fashion unfortunately its not acceptable, as I have said no one would introduce a freind to a crowd of new poeple as this is my friend Paki or Nigger it just isnt done , Jocks, Taff, Paddy are hardly the same thing for one we are all white Europians! Harry bless his haert Screwed up, he isnt a victem of political corectness nor the do good brigade he was victem to being Niave!

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

This has nothing to with political Correctness Greg, Paki is a racist slur, To use the term is unaceptable, Have I used It yes!and when I have it was to demean the person I was adressing, I am older and wiser now and ashamed to have used the term, Harry was talking about a mate on a supposed personal vidio diary,I belive the term was used in a freindly fashion unfortunately its not acceptable, as I have said no one would introduce a freind to a crowd of new poeple as this is my friend Paki or Nigger it just isnt done , Jocks, Taff, Paddy are hardly the same thing for one we are all white Europians! Harry bless his haert Screwed up, he isnt a victem of political corectness nor the do good brigade he was victem to being Niave!

I'm sorry Five Bellies but i couldn't disagree with you more.

First things first , i'm no believer of a monarchy and all it's little nuances that tagalong with it but ,

The word Paki is most definately NOT a racist slur. In whatever context or situation it is used it is merely as an abbreviation of the word Pakistani. It is the said minority that has alienated themselves from normal life and try (with whatever means neccesary) to incite a social "belief" that all things white hate all things black. The media pick up on the stories (either fed to them or by other means) and spin the story , after all it does sell.

After a little known event called 9/11 , it seems to me that this kind of infection has grown into a monster that is controlling not only our country but gradually taking over the world. Why? i don't know , i ain't an analyst / expert in the field.

Knowing NOW that i can't call a nigga a nigga , although it is perfectly fine for a nigga to call a nigga and hear some songs openly say the word , is just an opening example that it is just a word that means nothing UNLESS it is used by a white man!!!!

I have no letters / initials after my name showing my credentials , all i have is basic common sense and big wide eyes and open ears listening to people in the public place.

What should be apparent to you is that listening to the tripe that is fed to you with TV / RADIO and NEWSPAPER bullsh1t should be taken with non other than a pinch of salt.

A media addicted world , hell bent on catching the latest story and making the ABSOLUTE most out of it.

I can't stand the monarchy (any of em) i don't know why they are still around , kicking boots and holding up traffic but this sort of cr@p shouldn't have even made a toilet paper listing.

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

I'm sorry Five Bellies but i couldn't disagree with you more.

First things first , i'm no believer of a monarchy and all it's little nuances that tagalong with it but ,

The word Paki is most definately NOT a racist slur. In whatever context or situation it is used it is merely as an abbreviation of the word Pakistani. It is the said minority that has alienated themselves from normal life and try (with whatever means neccesary) to incite a social "belief" that all things white hate all things black. The media pick up on the stories (either fed to them or by other means) and spin the story , after all it does sell.

After a little known event called 9/11 , it seems to me that this kind of infection has grown into a monster that is controlling not only our country but gradually taking over the world. Why? i don't know , i ain't an analyst / expert in the field.

Knowing NOW that i can't call a nigga a nigga , although it is perfectly fine for a nigga to call a nigga and hear some songs openly say the word , is just an opening example that it is just a word that means nothing UNLESS it is used by a white man!!!!

I have no letters / initials after my name showing my credentials , all i have is basic common sense and big wide eyes and open ears listening to people in the public place.

What should be apparent to you is that listening to the tripe that is fed to you with TV / RADIO and NEWSPAPER bullsh1t should be taken with non other than a pinch of salt.

A media addicted world , hell bent on catching the latest story and making the ABSOLUTE most out of it.

I can't stand the monarchy (any of em) i don't know why they are still around , kicking boots and holding up traffic but this sort of cr@p shouldn't have even made a toilet paper listing.

A lot of poeple complain about political correctness and the thought police telling us what is and Isn't acceptable, then seem more qaulified than an Asian or Black person as to what should and shouldn't offend them! The Pakistani people that I know would find being called a Paki Offensive If some one referd to a asian in my company as a Paki I wouild be offended, Asian poeple have been hurt by Harrys comment not every one of them is a radicalised tub thumper. the old chestnut about black poeple calling each other Nigger dosnt hold water if a black person used the term and you where offended by at a white person the law would be on your side for what its worth. My wife is Black she finds Black poeple calling one another Nigger offensive and so does her family, I have heard it said that Nigger is a state of mind not a state of existance, maybe thats the case I dont know I will never be black. one thing is certain there are words and phrases that are best left alone by the white man, That situation exists because of our Historic abuse of all poeple not white through the ages.

I again invite you or any one else to go to Bradford, Liecster, Or Forrest gate east london and shout Paki at the top of your voice, and see how many unoffended poeple there are.

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

I have to agree and disagree with the majority of postings on this subject, I have to quantify my post by saying that I have not watched the video, nor read any of the articles so perhaps my comments are either independent or ill-informed.

I think that anything can be taken as offensive, dependant on the manner that the comments are spoken/intended.

I think it is up to the lad himself to state if he was/is aggrieved by the comments, I heard on the radio that the Asian lad's father was on record as being offended by it, and I am sure someone will pick me up (watch your back and bend your knees :o ) if there are such comments on record.

"I am no Royalist" always makes me smile, I am a Royalist, quite simply because I certainly am not 'Parliamentarian' which surely is the opposite. ;)

I think Harry has apologised for his remark and that is the end of the matter. The simple fact, again, is that he has apologised to EVERYBODY offended by the remark, and that is NOT going to be everybody who heard/watched it. Can you imagine if he was on the 'telly' supporting Darwin, Hawkins et al! That would make headlines for months. He does not have the right to make comment or opinion and that is sad, because the rest of the Country, with few exceptions do.

Two examples, I live in a sheltered world, at least I did until my teenage years, returning to my haven after exposure to the 'real world.' When I was five, two boys (brothers) came to my School, they were 'mixed race' and were the first the majority of us had ever seen. One of them was and still is a plonker. Not because (as I have said before) of 'what' he is but 'who' he is. The other has been a life long friend.

He has his mobile number published on a website because he is in business, as with publishing an email addy, because of this he is plagued with cold call sales pitches, we quite often have a laugh about this, especially after a few beers, I become his 'financial advisor' when people call to offer him a mortgage, and we ask people selling kitchens what a 'domestic appliance' is. Double glazing firms are told that we don't have windows etc etc etc.... (OK, I am waffling but I enjoy it and I am bloody down at the moment and need to cheer myself up with a laugh. :sad2: )

To try and detail the conversation as what I heard is one sided, but I hope you get the gist.......

Hello......

NO, I am not interested in Scottish Power, like I told you this morning, and yesterday, and the day before and almost every bloody day this week.

I'll f*****g swear as much as I like, If you don't want to hear me f*****g swearing at you then don't f*****g keep phoning me up.

Well, you don't know how big I am, but I do, so if you feel that you are bigger than me, and I wouldn't talk to you in the face like that, since you have my phone number, you also have my address, so why don't you come and find me and then you will know you Paki T**t. (hangs up phone)

After this I say to him, "Careful mate, those phone calls are recorded, you can get into trouble for things like that!" His reply "I can't be racist, look at me, I am black!"

Second point, another friend 'Smithy' a proud member of the Parachute Regiment,and still working with the SAS, lost a leg in the Falklands 'Conflict,' after this his name was changed from 'Smithy' to, quite obviously, 'Stumpy'! It's called 'banter' as Cory's story shows, it is in all walks of life, provided it is kept to banter then things are fine, but it's a fine edge to walk and must be walked with the agreement of all, and not just because it is acceptable or common practise.

I like to be 'careful' with my finances, I used to have a lot of dosh, probably compared to the vast number of occupants of our nation I still do, but I do not have the 'disposable income' I once had, (have any of us?) the same chap mentioned in my first example calls me "jew boy", is this offensive? Not at all, because I am not of that faith and I am some way past a 'Boy'.

I actually call most of my male associates 'Boy', it is colloquial here, similar to 'Nipper' which you also call any male associate. Another friend who migrated here from Essex finds this annoying, he always says "I feel like you are talking to me like my Dad, he always called me 'Boy' when I was in trouble."

Words are words, often taken out of context and variable by local customs etc. How often do we have to say "I mean no offence......." when starting to make comment. or "That is not what I meant to say........." AFTER making comment.

Harry was wrong to say that, but it was three years ago, like FB said, I cringe sometimes when my memory goes back to somethings. Harry made a mistake, hopefully he has learnt a lesson from it, and that is what life is all about. It would be a darn crap World if we were all born with the knowledge and reason/understanding of a seventy year old, mankind would never progress.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

I think that the whole thing has grown out of all proportion.

Am I no longer able to call Newt 'my Yanky friend'?

Am I no longer able to say that 'I am going down the Chinky' when I want a number 55 and flied lice?

Okay, so to some folk the word Paki is racist, but doesn't that depend on context?

A bloke from England is a limey, a bloke from Italy a wop, a bloke from Wales a sheep shagger, a bloke from Norfolk an inbred, a bloke from Essex a King John, a bloke from Suffolk pure perfection and so on. So, we have nick-names, where's the issue? Okay, so some are derogatory, but very often not without humour. For most of us the term Paki is simply an abbreviation.

One of my best mates at school was a dwarf, with the genuine surname of Long! Inevitably we all called him Lofty! Another old school friend has stick out ears, he was, and still is, Lugs.

Re Lyn's comment re Freddi Starr add 'Allo Allo'.

Edited by Peter Waller