Fishing TV

Ken L

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could run it on the same basis as PhotoshopTV, i.e. online only, each episode if free to download and/or watch, but after a couple of weeks the episodes are archived and then must be paid for to be accessed (like £1 per show or something). Additional revenue through sponsorship adverts, but not in content.

Just a thought.

I think generally there's a huge untapped internet market out there angling wise. I only know of one shop that is really easy to navigate, and they ripped me off! For a benchmark online shopping experience, go check out Dabs, or Wiggle, or ChainReactionCycles. I think there is room in the marketplace for a Dabs of the angling world, sure, it'll be a huge investment, and it won't be profitable for a good few years, but one day, everyone will shop there!

Again, just a thought, and I'm skint, so don't listen to me for financial advice! :lol:

Edited by Angly

Geoff

I'll be interested in anything you guys produce and if you need in any help in the Peterborough region then let me know. There are several day ticket lakes, free lakes and gravel pits plus the river nene to enjoy.

If you need help on an IT technical side then I will also do what I can.

I offer another vote on www.onlinefishing.tv website. I know the initial payment is slightly off putting as you have to buy 6 months in advance at £4.95 a month but I see it as an investment in future angling shows without waiting for the morons at the BBC or Discovery to buy them. They have shows produced by Improve Your Coarse Fishing magazine, including a fantastic episode of fishing for big perch in the River Nene.

You also have those Day Ticket guys in there there, Trevor and Richard, doing new shows called Just the Ticket.

Rae Borras fishing for Barbel.

Mark Barrett fishing for Catfish

Ian ‘Chilly’ Chilcott on the Royalty stretch looking for Carp

John Wilson - The Early Years

You'll also find the Passion For Angling shows on there. I can imagine that Catching the Impossible will end up on here as well if the BBC arent interested.

These are the categories you can view:

# Coarse

# Carp

# Sea

# Game / Fly

# Exotic / Overseas

# Classic

# General Interest

# Exclusive Shows

The website is very professional and the videos are a breeze to watch, I bought myself a subscription and my father one for xmas.

And no, I dont work for them or get commission! :D

If you do end up making some programmes please don't use folk guitar on every single programme like onlinefishingtv hehe. Oh and don't do a camp giggle every time you get a fish like Bob Nudd and John Wilson. As much as I love these programmes they can be so irratating.

Online fishing TV might be something that I look at as and when I get a TV size monitor set up in the lounge and dedicated to Home Entertainment but personally, I don't really enjoy watching video on a PC monitor from a range of less than 1m.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Love him or hate him, Rex Hunt changed the face of sport fish conservation in Australia in the 1990's and although the stuff shown in some of his shows may seem a bit odd (I don't like some of his unhooking procedures/leaving hooks in fish stuff myself) he was pitching his show at an audience of

I don't care what Rex Hunt has done for fishing. He's an ill-informed buffoon who has been seen returning fish from 40+ feet up cliffs AFTER cutting the line to leave the hook 'to fall out' later, which we know is pure nonsense. The man is barbaric in his methods. He'd eat a turd if you served it with some salad and some beer and he doesn't care about his quarry no matter how much he pretends to. He's not representative of 'catch and return' anglers....anywhere.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

AN Tv sounds like a great project guys! any help you need I would be more than pleased to help.

Send me a camera man/soundman and I'll do a show or shows on urban fishing to show deprived kids that fishing is widely available on their doorsteps. I'm not kidding either!

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

...Vagabond...

Whilst I've always been critical of nearly all Angling TV, the chance to try and make something good is too good to pass up on, I have certain skills and access to any equipment we might need :)

I'm up for that if you are!

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

...Izaac Walton...

...Vagabond...

I don't think there's any particular problem other than time and money with producing a film or series. The problem comes in trying to find a channel that can take the material in the format used (e.g. DV) which possibly rules out the big players (they'll take DV clips, but a whole show?), and is willing to show the material. With no household name presenter they'll stick in on at 4am, which means advertising revenue will be paltry, and therefore they're not going to pay big bucks for it.

All IMHO of course as I've only ever worked in Broadcast Post Production, not Production or Broadcasting.

Geoff