Haddock

arthurcodsbody

Matt

we used to get Haddock out of Stonehaven on Mussel baited feathers or hokkai.

Luck on Friday

Dave

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

arthurcodsbody:

Fishing from stonehaven on friday with (hopefully) the chance of getting stuck into some haddock whats the top baits? Same as cod baits I assume but having never fished for them before I wouldnt know for sure.

Cheers

Matt

:cool: My best ever bag of haddock was off Arran

and they fell to scallops, two of the fish broke the Scottish record. Squid, mackeral and worm produced mainly cod and pout but the scallops produced the haddock. :D

We get a load of them, and I mean a load of them - sick of catching them when we have a limit of 15 in matches.

Beads and silver blade spoon rigs baited with mussel and tipped with mackerel fished tight on the bottom seem to do the trick up here.

Some days they can be picky and lugworm and mussel is on their menu above other baits.

I would make sure you have a good supply of mussel.

We had quite a few haddock on saturday on a fun trip, mussel and/or mackerel baits fished tight to the bottom was doing the trick. If fishing mackerel baits make sure the slices not to thick and hook tip well exposed.

Gillies

tha fis agam a bhe iasg nuth dunidh sasain!

www.gilliesmackenzie.com